Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Spammer Banned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  2:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

Several have reported spam coming through the AYP Forums mail server today. I have responded with the following message, which I hope will serve to explain actions taken on this end.
-------------------------------

Re: Michela Doujey spam letter

Hi:

It is spam. The member (nana01) has been banned. Apologies on that.

The good news is that no one has your email address. This was sent by individual transmissions one by one via the AYP forum email server where email addresses are not revealed.

If it happens again, we will tighten up the sign-up process for the forum, and take whatever further measures are necessary to stop the offending conduct.

The guru is in you.

Yogani

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  9:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hilarious! I wanted to help her with that astronomical sum of $3.5 million that was trapped by president Gbagbo in France.
I was wondering why someone who had been involved with coffee, cocao, and diamonds only had that much. Probably the Epmgigo rebels took some of it.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  11:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
see more info on the scam and some uproarious attempts to turn the scam back onto the scammers at:
http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory01.htm
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The forum has been hit by another round of spam from this source.

Sincere apologies to all who have received it. The ID, adoujey01, has been disabled.

This is a well known nuisance spammer who has a knack for invading all sorts of Internet communities with his/her sob story scams. It has been going on for years. Whoever is doing it is not doing Africa a favor.

Email addresses are not revealed in the AYP forums. However, if someone of low character sneaks in through the registration process, emails can be sent one at a time via the email link on each person's profile page. This has happened only twice -- both cases are covered in this topic.

If you want to block all mail coming through your AYP forums email link, just go to your "profile" on the top menu and turn off email. Then you will not be bothered with these occasional nuisance spams, but you will not be able to be reached directly by legitimate forum members either. It's up to you.

Again, apologies for the intrusion. We are doing all we can to minimize this sort of thing.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's best to leave your email "on" because the sender does not know your email address, and doesn't even know if you received their message.

Be sure you don't answer because that gives them your real email address. Spammers thrive on answers, and don't have time to pursue those that don't.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 11 2006 10:31:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  07:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hope the spammers take to AYP meditation and get purified of their habits

mystiq
Go to Top of Page

blackmuladar

USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  3:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackmuladar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mystiq

Hope the spammers take to AYP meditation and get purified of their habits

mystiq

u just made me laugh, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, Mystiq.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000