Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 SHORT QUOTES...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So i thought it'd be neat to have a quote topic. Your quotes their quotes whoevers quotes. Well maybe theres a better word for quotes, if you can think of one please share. Lets say a max of 2 quotes per reply
and sorry for not doing more investigating shoulda known would be a topic or section for something like this... originally put in sat what ever cafe.
Quotes? statements? insights? inspirational?.... whatever

The past is a memory.
The future is a possibiltiy.
The present is a definition.

lol... so yea

Edited by - littlejerry on Sep 14 2009 7:49:27 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well thank you moderator.
Go to Top of Page

AYPmod

53 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  10:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  8:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" -Nelson Mandela

"He who leaves his house in search of happiness pursues a shadow." -Anonymous

Got these 2 from a book called "Wisdom of Pandas" compiled by Franchesca Ho Sang... hum i like both the 2nd one especially.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  6:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who claim to have found it." - Anodea Judith?

"Strangers don't trouble you. Who troubles you most are those who feel they know you. Because every time they limit you to their own projections." - Mooji

"Welcome to the desert of the real" - Morpheus

"Words are fiction." - Me
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  7:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Fearlessly surrender to what is"- me
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Love Everyone,
Serve Everyone,
Remember God"
-Neem Karoli Baba

Edited by - Yonatan on Sep 15 2009 8:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hum ...
On the original post i put
The past is a memory
Present ya ya ya
ya ya ya go back up and read it
LOL... um that might be a hip hop group that said that... i'm doing some investigating... i was claiming it for my own... which it was my own thought and was put together by me... but it might of already been said which would be really neat... lol i'd consider me and that hip hop group on the same "level" haha but yeah i'll post again when i find out
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  07:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"to hold until full is not as good as stopping" - Lao Tzu.. from the book "Tao Te Ching"
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  11:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Free yourself, from yourself." Tool
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nevermind on the... it might be lyrics in a song thing... its not
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  09:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"life is a beautiful struggle... some people using the noodle some people using the muscle some people put it all together make it fit like a puzzle." -Talib Kweli
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  11:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love dissolves all

Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  3:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"poems are made by fools like me... but only god can make a tree." - i dont know who wrote that... its the end of a poem though. Try to find who it is/was.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  3:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Trees, 1914, Joyce Kilmer (a guy). Google stuff. You can enter the whole thing.

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Edited by - Etherfish on Sep 19 2009 3:57:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  4:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ether... just found out who it was... was gonna post up...
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  4:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lovely poem
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  07:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All character is pathological. (Wilhelm Reich)

All character is karmic. (A.Yogi)

Nobody was ever born. (Nisargadatta)

We are always already free. (Da)

In the transmission of the Great Matter, absolutely no communication takes place. (Dogen)

Freedom is the surrender of all self-concern. It cannot be done. It happens when you realise your true nature. (Nisargadatta)

Edited by - chinna on Sep 20 2009 08:08:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"you are the guide...life is your resource." -me (replying to Carsons topic in enlightenment..."discarding the maps")

originally instead of life is your resource it said "everything else is your resource" referring specifically to AYP and carsons "maps" but there are many other resources so yeah....
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  10:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry carsons topic was in non duality... i think... lol sorry i'm ready to get off this computer.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  03:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Meaning is in the mind of the beholder"
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"for every don't there are an infinite number of do's" -me

Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  10:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“Some mathematician has said pleasure lies not in discovering truth, but in seeking it.”

Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

ALL HAIL THE PATH!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000