New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  5:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I always thought Ketamine was a horse tranquilizer. Shows how much I know!

The states you describe are basically the different levels experienced in Samadhi as we move away from the earth realm. The state I described above could well be called the Pure Bliss Consciousness level, as it is that, but of course Pure Bliss Consciousness is not something that can only be experienced in the outer reaches of the universe (or in the inner reaches of consciousness). Gradually the Pure Bliss Consciousness which is experienced there (in ecstatic trance states), is experienced everywhere, in all states. It kind of transcends all states, and becomes the ever-present background within which everything arises.

quote:
Anyways, it's nice to not need drugs to experience Bliss now.

Good to hear it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bindu means point or binding place. some yogis place their bindu at the forehead, some place it at the top of the head and some place it at the back of the head also known as medulla or mouth of god. Brahmin priests keep the tuft of hair at the top of head, yogis will put paint on their forheads, and the mouth of god was a very popular bindu in egyptian culture. the deity ptah is shown with a skull cap with a charm hanging from his medulla at the back of the skull, ptah was said to be responsible for all of the openings of the mouth for all priests and pharaohs. yogananda also mentions this bindu, it is all personal preference. no bindu is higher or better than another, they all take place in the brain/brahmarandra. the inner sound currents can be heard at all 3 places from my expereince

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Sep 17 2009 6:54:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  11:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Yeah that is a commonly perpetuated myth by major media.....it is pretty rare when a vet uses Ketamine as the surgery anaesthetic on a horse or larger animal....there are more appropriate drugs used for that now. And ketamine definitely doesn't fall into the "tranquilizer" catagory......it has an action all it's own and "dissociative anaesthetic" is a very appropriate name for that action. FYI the other two drugs in this class are DXM (or dextromethorphanhydrobromide, also known as the active ingredient in cough syrups like Robotussin) and PCP (AKA Phencyclidine, Angel Dust, Wet, Enbalming Fluid etc etc). All three of these drugs cause "Olney's Lesions" (or physical holes in the brain) with excessive use....ketamine is the least harmful of the three though. If anyone ever wants to know about Ketamine and it's effects without doing it, I would recommend reading about John Lilly (yes the guy the movie Altered States was made about) in Karl Jansen's book "Ketamine: Dreams and Realities"....or in his own book "Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer". John Lilley spent 3 weeks in a "ketamine trance"....he injected the drug every hour for 3 weeks straight whilst in an isolation tank. Some pretty interesting reading if you are inclined to read stuff like this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...cap_pdp_dp_0
http://spiritdimension.com/book-sto...computer.htm
Definitely an interesting (way of) study(ing) of consciousness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Lilly

quote:

The states you describe are basically the different levels experienced in Samadhi as we move away from the earth realm. The state I described above could well be called the Pure Bliss Consciousness level, as it is that, but of course Pure Bliss Consciousness is not something that can only be experienced in the outer reaches of the universe (or in the inner reaches of consciousness). Gradually the Pure Bliss Consciousness which is experienced there (in ecstatic trance states), is experienced everywhere, in all states. It kind of transcends all states, and becomes the ever-present background within which everything arises.

Yes of course...even I am beginning to have Bliss Conciousness start to leak out from my "ecstatic trances" during meditation and out into my regular life. Actually it's kinda hard to keep it from happening....life is just so damn awesome!

Love,
Carson

Quote: "At the highest level of satori from which people return, the point of consciousness becomes a surface or a solid which extends throughout the whole known universe. This used to be called fusion with the Universal Mind or God. In more modern terms you have done a mathematical transformation in which your centre of consciousness has ceased to be a travelling point and has become a surface or solid of consciousness... It was in this state that I experienced "myself" as melded and intertwined with hundreds of billions of other beings in a thin sheet of consciousness that was distributed around the galaxy. A "membrane"."

John C. Lilly

Edited by - CarsonZi on Sep 18 2009 11:26:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  03:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Ketamine is a horse tranquiliser.Though i could'nt say if it's prescribed anymore today. Interestingly,I did watch a emergency services type programme on the uk tv the last year where the paramedics featured on it were routinely prescribing K to trauma victims(us) as an anaesthetic,pain management, as the first thing they did when they arrived on the scene.

On the contrary, though IMHO ,all these drugs are likely to take you further away from Pure Bliss Conciousness,not any closer towards it.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 19 2009 03:20:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

sexy_saint

India
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  10:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit sexy_saint's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry for my english .....Not only brother same here :P feeling sensation and heat n brow chakra :D and back of head :D but i did not see that amizing light i heard about :/ i heard that light ll around front of ur eyes :D but i saw that in dream !!! i asked someone about that he said u see that light in dream soon u ll see that in meditation :) !!! actually brow chakra heat because of ur pineal gland heated by kundalini shakti .....its a good news because soon it ll open then u can see iner lights and that light...i talk about....!!! after that u ll really feel the bless of god :D all d best ;) chant mantra in mind not by tounge !!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000