AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Change the world by changing me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  1:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The Sufi Bayazid says this about himself; “I was a revolutionary when I was young
and my prayer was:‘God give me the energy to change the world.’”
“As I approached middle age and realized that half my life was gone without my
changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to: ‘Lord, give me the grace to change all
those who come in contact with me. Just my family and friends, and I shall be content,’”
‘Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my one prayer is, ‘Lord, give
me the grace to change myself.’ If I had prayed for this right from the start I should not
have wasted my life.”

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  1:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  04:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  01:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I received an email and felt like sharing it here:

Be your own master

As human beings, we have come to this planet to develop and exercise our own judjment in all that we do. we have chosen this place and time by ourselves, and we are totally responsible for everything that we do as a mature person. When we are sick, we reflect that it is caused by our ignorance of how to behave according to the laws of nature-eating imbalanced food, thinking in a rigid or unfocused way, or acting in an extreme or chaotic manner. When we are unhappy , we reflect that it was caused by our own lack of judgment or insight, which may also arise from a way of life out of harmony with the environment. Sickness, accident, misery, and any other difficulties can be turned into health, well-being, and happiness through changing our own thought and conduct. No one else can change them in our behalf. We must initiate changes ourselves. We may receive advises, suggetions, and guidance from others - and it is usually wise to do so. but ultimately it is we, ourselves, who must come to a decision, make changes in our life, and accept responsibility as the master of our own destiny.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000