Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Quotes We Like
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  9:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Hello Folks,
Any one care to share some quotes that you find inspiring, enjoyable or insightful? or funny ? to balance out life's speed bumps? ... thought this would be kinda fun to start.

Let me provide one that I have found most insightful:

"There never was a time when I was not, nor you , nor these rulers of men. Nor will there ever be a time when all of us shall cease to be"

Krsna's talk to Arjuna - Chapt 2, sutra 12; Bhagavad-gita

Frank In San Diego

Edited by - Anthem on Dec 04 2005 10:02:02 PM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  10:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Frank,

Hope you don't mind, I had to re-post this in "Illuminated Poetry and Quotations"
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  09:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Frank,

what translation is that one from which you took the quote? I think I saw it before and I like it....

Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  7:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by david_obsidian

what translation is that one from which you took the quote? I think I saw it before and I like it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Quote from the Gita was from Maharashi Mahesh Yogi - "The Bhagavad-Gita, A New Translation and Commentary - Chapters 1-6"

Let me leave you with a quote by Vashista from the Yoga Vasisthi:
"Even as heat is to fire, liquidity to water, sweetness to sugercane, brightness to illumination, oil to mustard seed ....the universe is to consciousness. The world exists because consciousness is."

Peace,

Frank In San Diego

Frank In San Diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000