Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 The Lakes of Heaven
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apachechief

Ireland
65 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  2:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit apachechief's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What have I,
a simple mortal,
to offer a goddess
of heavenly worlds?
Why would such a pure light
shine upon me,
and see that I am good?
I have no gold,
I have no diamonds;
no treasures to adorn
such beauty.
All I possess is
a single white feather
once worn by an earthly swan.
And yet, it is worthy still to
grace the lakes of heaven.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  12:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Been through a mystic scenery while in DM today where I saw within my inner vision "a heavenly lake with a beautiful white swan."

So I was looking in the forums maybe there's something here which relates because the scenery was really beautiful and stumbled into this lovely topic

Ok flower on the path smelt enough I guess, back to here now

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  02:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The swan has a special association with vedanta. The swan is called hamsa in sanskrit.The swan stays in water, but its feathers remain dry. Similarly, the advaitin lives in the world, yet remain unaffected by life's ups and downs. Similarly, the advaitin discriminates the eternal Atman from the non-eternal world.The greatest masters in the advaita tradition are called paramahamsas - the great swans.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing dear,

It's probably one of them higher beings Yogani speaks of...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe are you that swan?

Or maybe it could be you power animal.Exists in the astral world and helps you along all your life. Try to contact with that swan with you eyes closed and some evocative music.Maybe has some message for you.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 18 2011 12:21:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Miguel,

If I was taught anything here at AYP it's not to indulge in scenery or dwell on them.

Plus me a white swan???? Nahh don't think so: am too chaotic, unpredictable and deep into the material world to be such a holy scenery...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Swan teaches us that we all have inner grace and beauty even if you think yourself unworthy to grace the lakes of heaven unworthyness is but a reflection upon the surface of heavens lake. look closer, you are soooo much more than you behold

an Ugly Duckling childrens story comes to mind when i see your words above

the transformation from darkness to light, from unworthy to worthy, from ugly duckling to swan

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste David
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  1:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with david.That swan is your Self or the beauty of your soul,Its beyond your ego circunstances (and it includes bad but good qualities that you have also).

Edited by - miguel on Apr 18 2011 1:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  1:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Miguel

Believe it or not I just read this story, couldn't help myself...
http://www.storyit.com/Classics/Sto...uckling.html

Much love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  2:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol Ananda....

theres a song too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKxnYRhk6I

love and light

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  6:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  03:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
paramahamsa ananda
Go to Top of Page

joacub

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  9:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit joacub's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Apachefchief,

Lovin ya!! Big time. B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000