Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Spinning sensation variations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spinal_tap

Indonesia
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  09:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit spinal_tap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello guys,

I have a question about the different spinning sensations I have.

Lately I have been doing rosary prayers almost everyday and I get the spinning sensation like those I get from doing IAM meditation.
However, the sensation is different from the one I get during IAM.
While the sensation from IAM is the head spinning in circle. The one from doing rosary is my upper body started rocking back and forth.

From what I read in the internet, these spinning sensation might be our energy flows correcting itself.

At first, I thought it maybe my progress that changed this sensation.
But I tried doing IAM meditation and the spinning sensation is still circle spins, and then I tried rosary prayer the sensation is upper chest swaying. So it is the different method that creates this variation and not progress.

But what I am curios at is why is it different? And is it dangerous to do both? not that I am doing both right now, I stopped doing IAM meditation awhile ago and decided to stick to the rosary prayers for now. But in my opinion, the result from IAM is much more powerful.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
If by rosary prayers you mean japa using mantra then the effects are different.Japa is primarily for purifying the nervous system and not for altering the consciousness as happens in meditation.There is a fine line between the effects of both but a definite difference.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

spinal_tap

Indonesia
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  2:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit spinal_tap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello riptiz,

Did you meant to say that Japa is for altering the consciousness and meditation is for purifying the nervous system?

because I have been doing rosary prayers/japa for quite a while now without doing the IAM meditation. I was afraid of the changes to my life that came from doing the IAM meditation, the changes are positive but somewhat too extreme for me even though I am not doing it too often as advised. (Probably just because of my personality though)

So I thought maybe its not for me and started doing rosary prayers instead. There weren't noticeable changes with the rosary prayers, I didn't quit bad habits, grew more patient or calmer, in fact I am slowly returning to my bad habits (smoking, tea addiction, pills and such) but somehow my perception of life has changed a little. I am not sure if it's related to the rosary prayers I am doing though.

Lately, I have been missing the time when I did the IAM meditation. I think i miss the inner silence thing that I gained from doing IAM or maybe its the feeling of purification. not sure what it is I liked but I am going to try doing IAM and the rosary prayers. I hope its safe to do both though.

-----
I also realized how much Yogani had given to my life by sharing the IAM lessons publicly, thanks Yogani =)

Edited by - spinal_tap on Oct 02 2009 2:14:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000