Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Herman Hesse.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  06:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Destiny and feeling are names for the same concept"

H.H.

“The same indivisible divinity acts in us and in the nature. And if the external world would dissapear, anyone of us would be able to re-build it. Because mountains and rivers, trees and leaves, roots and flowers, all created in the nature… is already present within us: it comes from the soul, whose essence is eternal, and is beyond our knowledge. But it is shown to us as a lovely and creative force.”

H.H.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 20 2009 07:25:29 AM

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How I despised reading Hesse in high school. But I love this. I must re-read his works now with different eyes.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  03:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Give it a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  03:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Siddartha is a great story to read !
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  5:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh yes,siddharta
i love hesse.He is magic and i feel spiritual vibrations in his books.
The quotes are from demian.I choose that quotes from the book that caught my atention.
Now im reading "the glass bead game".I have started today.I think it talks about human spiritual transformation in year 2400.Thats why i bought this book.
"sttepenwolf" was the first book i read some years ago and it was a milestone here..Amazing book.
Hesse was a man of great courage and knowledge.
He was very interested in spirituality from the east also.

I love him.Hes like a mirror here.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 22 2009 5:28:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  5:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“ If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us."

H.H.

“ People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest.”

H.H.

“There's no reality except the one contained within us. That's why so many people live an unreal life. They take images outside them for reality and never allow the world within them to assert itself.”

H.H.

"Perhaps people like us cannot love. Ordinary people can - that is their secret”

(dont judge this sentence,just think about it...i feel identify with this sentence,for example...).

H.H.

“What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

H.H.

“It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is.”

H.H.

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.”

H.H.

Much love to you.

"Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves...."(H.H.) ...or... "The guru is in you..."(Y.)

Edited by - miguel on Jul 22 2009 5:45:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

beautiful, miguel!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum nandhi,

much love to you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000