Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Madonna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Interfaith prayer meetings just got more lively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FRKd3HcmU

Christi

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi all,

Interfaith prayer meetings just got more lively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FRKd3HcmU

Christi

Well, yeah .... but how many people are actually interested in, open to, this sort of thing?

As far as I know, only about 70,000 (maybe it was 72 ....) attended each of these satsangs, and only in 300 or so cities, worldwide, in 2008.

This means, that last year only about 21 Million people were directly exposed to the highest and deepest mysteries of spiritual consciousness, via this specific teacher conveying the timeless wisdom of the Kaballah (which, per the presentation to which you linked, includes the near-infinite power of the truth that the symbolism of all religions does indeed point to One "place" -- the One that we each and all are manifesting as-now-in-from-to-with. here now-ever.)

Compare this with more conventional satsangs ... which sometimes influence up to ...... hundreds ...... of people.

*HM*

I do appreciate the knowledge, wisdom and esoteric insight conveyed by the Kabbalist sage leading the satsang, though -- like all good teachers, and all effective sages, she has the ability to convey the deepest realities in a very powerful and yet simple manner, via direct presence, elegant use of language, and nada yoga.

The responses of the satsang attendees seems to indicate appreciation for this sage's style, presence and energy -- not to mention her unique yet clearly effective presentation itself.

I particularly enjoyed her interweaving of the gnostic gospels, displayed in her presentation in English, with Hebrew letter-numbers and Arabic script alongside:

Jesus said:

We have come from the light
What you are looking for has come
but you don't know it
Lamps are different
But the Light is the same
It comes from Beyond

... and I especially love how she so poignantly and powerfully saves the final line of that passage for the very end of her presentation:

To It We Shall Return

I've actually been involved with that particular presentation of hers in various ways over the years --- I've danced to it, I've vocalized it along with her, while driving --- I've even *presented* it, myself, at Karaoke Satsang!

Yet, Now, there's a different response -- arising spontaneously and authentically -- from-as-with-in Heart:

_/\_

And, I do agree whole-heartedly with her opening statement:

It feels like Home.
It feels like AUM.

Thank You, Christi -- and Thank You, Sri Madonna.

I love these new non-traditional satsangs; it's one of the reasons I like LIVE & Matisyahu so much --- same Truth, just presented to 70,000 people at a time, instead of 70 or 700.

My mind *used* to think, however, that these non-traditional satsangs couldn't be as effective as their traditional counterparts (different "vibe", attendees not "into" spirituality, and so on.)

Then I realized.

Spirituality is a concept. Every human is, emanating from-as-with-in the Same Source, Now - from-as-with-in Reality - and it is unity-absorption which illuminates true nature -- and that unity-absorption is actually *very* likely to occur, in this type of satsang; it is one of the few environments/circumstances where, even for an instant or two, a "human thinking" actually IS a human being.

Abhinavagupta, the brilliant Kashmiri Shaivite genius-guru of the 10th century, C.E. produced a vast (especially for that time) body of work (writings, teachings) - among them the Tantraloka (many tens of thousands of verses in length - translated volumes are like an encyclopedia set), and a staggeringly insightful commentary on the Paratrisikavivarana.

What is not commonly known is that Abhinavagupta's (so-called) spiritual/tantric writings comprise only about 1/3 of his total written teachings.

The other 2/3?

Aesthetics/Art/The Arts/Drama

The satsang you so kindly linked to, Christi, showcases *why* Abhinavagupta prioritized aesthetics and the arts to that degree --- a 2:1 priority over his world-changing spiritual teachings.

Absorption of, Unity with, Truth-Reality via the arts ---- *However* it comes about, is - in Reality - "Samadhi for the Masses" ... the only taste of true nature many people may ever known.

They may not mentally know it ... but they still experience it.

And so, if helping others connect in-with-as-truth is your priority .... the arts can be an AWE-Inspiring manner of doing so.

Fun, too.

But .... *Madonna*??

"Life is a mystery ....."

Heart is Where the AUM Is -- and AUM *IS* Singing,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000