Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 spontaneous kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  07:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I dont know who to ask about this, it is something that happened to me last night.
I was in an excited state before going to bed, and couldnt fall asleep. I am often like this, and I suffer from bad sleeping habits. I had also been feeling depressed for a few days.
So i tried to calm myself before sleep down by just not thinking about anything. i started seeing a pattern with my eyes closed, a fibonacci pattern, swirling, in white/black or silver/black colors. Then, slowly a sound was starting to be heard, a vibrating sound, like the sound of a synthesiser. Like Pow wow Wow wow Pow wow Wow wow...
Then it sort of started to modulate into or be repalaced by another, sound, with a higher frequency. Like wawaw wawaw, faster and faster. Now, I started to feel a pillar of fire rise up through my spine. It reached a level of a little bit above my belly button, when i pulled myself out of this state because i was frightened. Just the night before i had read of the dangers of Kundalini awakening without a guide. Besides i have no experience of meditation. I was very anxious, and noticed that reality was waving, floating, in exactly the same way as when i had taken mushrooms a couple of weeks ago, but much more subtile. Straight edges werent so straight anymore. So i went up from my bed because i had the feeling that this pillar waws trying to continue upwards. It was kind of stuck in a ball in my spine, just waiting to get out. I searched the internet for tips, but didnt really find anything useful. So i tried to relax myself before going to sleep again. When i was in bed again, i tried to lay with a straight spine. The modulating sound started coming back. My brain started to feel swollen. i tried to concentrate. Suddenly i started breathing heavily into my chest, not through my stomache. realized i was breathing slower, almost not breathing, and my eyes were no longer focused, and even with my eyes closed i felt like i was gazing miles away. almost like a tunnel. I started seeing a bluish vortex. Then the energy in my spine proceeded to rise. It rose a couple of inches and was stopped again. Now it almost was leaking up into my head and not rising violently. Again i became anxious and pulled myself out. I dont even remember how i managed to fall asleep.

Now, the next day, my family keeps asking me whats wrong and why am i so quiet. I also feel my little cousin of 16 months is kind of scared of me.. I dont know

As for myself i still feel the ball in my spine, and also the swelling in my brain. I feel some kind of serenity. Worth to say is that i have been experimenting with hallucinogens 2-3 weeks ago, which gave me a wonderful insight, and made me snap out of the depressed state i was in. i have started lucid dreaming, waking up inside dreams like 20 to 30 times in one night. I think a lot and listen alot to what my body and soul tell me, sometimes almost too much. But, this i dont feel safe with, id love to have some advice of waht i could do..

Thank you
Denis

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 7:41:01 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  08:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Denis and welcome to the forum,

You are right, this is classic kundalini. Despite all the rumours though, it is not necessarily dangerous. What is important is the way in which you work with it from now on. The sound you heard is the omkara nada, a sound created by prana moving through the nadis (subtle channels). The tunnel of light is an aspect of the third eye, or ajna chakra, or more exactly it is the inside of the sushumna nadi as it moves outwards from the third eye. The pillar of fire in your spine is the sushumna nadi (the same subtle energy channel) lower down in the body.

Kundalini awakening can be the beginning of a very beautiful journey into the spiritual planes of existance. It can also be a difficult and challenging time without the right spiritual tools. Fortunately, all the tools you need are to be found right here in this website. The primary tools you need are meditation, and spinal breathing pranayama. Spinal breathing pranayama is a special form of pranayama (really a kriya) designed to safely guide the path of the kundalini energy. Meditation will give you the peace and serenity necessary to stay calm as the power works its way through your body.

Links to both are on the left of the page.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

All the best.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  11:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you you for your reply, Christi.
I will read more about these techniques.

Let me get this right:
"The tunnel of light is an aspect of the third eye, or ajna chakra, or more exactly it is the inside of the sushumna nadi as it moves outwards from the third eye. The pillar of fire in your spine is the sushumna nadi (the same subtle energy channel) lower down in the body."

Does the tunnel of light move outwards, outside of the body, if seen like a tunnel? How is this connected to the energy moving through the spine? Also what is a pranayama?

Thank you a lot
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  11:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi will have to answer most of your question, but pranayama is breathing exercise that helps purify your nervous system in conjunction with meditation. If you click on "main lessons" at the top of this page you can learn about it.
It begins on lesson 39 here:

http://www.aypsite.org/39.html

But it is best to read from the first lesson to get a background first.

Also at the top of the page is "Yoga FAQ" that gives definitions of words like pranayama.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  12:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a Dhyanyoga Centers meditation group in Munich, Germany. Dhyanyoga Centers teaches Kundalini Maha Yoga.

The contact information for the Munich meditation group can be found on the following web page:

http://dyc.org/index.php?option=com...7&Itemid=195

Go to Top of Page

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  3:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all.
I have checked some lessons out, but am also worried about my enthusiasm and inpatience. I keep thinking what I should do if this happens to me again, and I dont have the sufficient knowledge and experience to handle it. I live far from Munich, and am not sure there are kundalini-yoga classes here at a reasonable price. At my university there is Ba Gua Zhang, Karate, Shaolin Kempo, Taekwondo, Taijiquan, Wing Tsun, Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, and Hatha Yoga classes available cheap. Could Anyone recommend me any of these for my situation?
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  4:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Quisabo

quote:
Does the tunnel of light move outwards, outside of the body, if seen like a tunnel? How is this connected to the energy moving through the spine?

There is a nadi (energy channel) running from the root chakra (muladhara) up to the centre of the head, and from there it goes forward and out of the body through the ajna chakra (third eye). On this energy channel lie 6 of the 7 main chakras (the first 6), and also the subtle centre from which the kundalini awakens. This subtle centre is called the kanda chakra and lies between the muladhara and swadhisthana chakras. The energy channel is actually a hollow tube, and it is possible for our consciousness to enter it. The easiest and most common point of entry is at the third eye, and when we enter it here it appears that we are within a tunnel, and sometimes a light can be seen off in the distance, at the end of the tunnel.

So both the energy of kundalini (prana) and our own consciousness can move through this tunnel of light. I am explaining all this simply to help you see that what you experienced were aspects of the subtle human biology... stuff that we usually don't get taught in school. Many people going through kundalini awakenings experience similar things, and, as the process unfolds, many more aspects of the subtle biology are revealed to our inner vision.

Pranayama are a set of yogic practices where the breath is used in various ways to alter the way prana (energy) moves in the body. In terms of kundalini awakening, pranayama can be used to guide the energies, making the process of awakening gentle and safe, avoiding many of the painful symptoms that are so often associated with a kundalini awakening.

The initial symptoms of a kundalini awakening are often dramatic, and are relatively short lived, lasting anything from a few minutes, to a few hours, or days at the most. The whole process of kundalini awakening, after the initial symptoms have subsided, takes several years or even longer, and has to be managed carefully to bring about a successful evolution of consciousness.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  4:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops, I cross posted with you Christi. Hi!
This is about the previous post asking about local classes:

I don't know if Germany is different than here, the USA, but here none of those would help you, in fact they could be bad for you. Spiritual practices could make it more likely to happen again. It is more likely you need the opposite of spiritual practices; grounding exercises, eating heavier food, social interaction, anything but spirituality.

Click on "Yoga FAQ" at the top of this page, and find "Self pacing - abating excess energy".
This is also discussed at length if you read the lessons.

Then you can add in a little meditation and monitor your reaction.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 11 2009 4:50:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  6:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies. This is all very interesting.
I felt a rush of oncoming energy so I told my aunt, who i have been discussing these phenomena today. Just right now i got a massage from my aunt, that said I had a little more distance between two of my vertebrae than the rest. What interesting is that it is exactly there i pointed out to her that the pillar had stopped. Now i feel heat in my spine, in that point, but also in the brain, almost becoming a headache.
I can see now why i need grounding exercises, everyone around me tells me I should stop spacing out and thinking so much. Ive been very introverted the last 8 months, not really caring about any troubles but mine. philosophizing and tripping.. I even failed my studies so I might have to take the next semester
Oh well, thank you all, i will jsut try to fall asleep tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  9:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, you have someone who can massage! Here is the most grounding thing i have ever experienced in my life:
Have her massage only your calves and feet. Very slowly, and as hard as you can stand without pain.
I had this done for 1 1/2 hours, and felt like nothing was different for a little while, then I felt this extremely strong grounding. I have never been so relaxed and feeling like everything is OK, and i belong here. You should try it. Drink water after - it is purifying.
Go to Top of Page

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  07:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will try that. Last night I meditated lying down in bed. I felt a sound, very high frequent, with its frequency modulating even beyond what I could percieve. I heard voices and saw images of people i knew, heard music. I felt the blockage in my spine let go as my spine got heated up again. I gave thanks 3 times and got a sensation of heat in reply each time. I woke up with my back pain gone :D
THank you all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000