Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A question for Yogani
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  08:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wondered if Yogani still does the twice daily regime or passed beyond this. Seems to me that once self realised then the circuit is complete as far as any further regular practise is concerned as it should just become a part of daily life 24/7. Bit like riding a bike, no need for regular practise and stabilisers once you realise you can ride thats all that is needed ??

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  09:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not Yogani but I imagine he may be celebrating Father's day.
I don't think self realization is a final goal.
The problem with that concept is it leads us to constantly think we are lacking until we reach that goal. Enlightenment is more like a path that never ends. That way we can feel complete today, rather that waiting for it to happen in the future.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I wondered if Yogani still does the twice daily regime or passed beyond this. Seems to me that once self realised then the circuit is complete as far as any further regular practise is concerned as it should just become a part of daily life 24/7. Bit like riding a bike, no need for regular practise and stabilisers once you realise you can ride thats all that is needed ??

Hi Karl:

Yes, twice daily here, with self-pacing as needed. The rest of the day takes care of itself.

I concur with Ether that there is no end point. If there is such a thing as self-realization, it too is a stepping stone on the never-ending path of universal awakening. I will no longer need to practice when everyone no longer needs to practice. We are all in it together, as One.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  1:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by karl

Hi Karl:

Yes, twice daily here, with self-pacing as needed. The rest of the day takes care of itself.

I concur with Ether that there is no end point. If there is such a thing as self-realization, it too is a stepping stone on the never-ending path of universal awakening. I will no longer need to practice when everyone no longer needs to practice. We are all in it together, as One.

The guru is in you.

I'm reading 'Be as you are' by Sri Ramana Maharshi in which he suggests that if you need to meditate or perform any other form of worship then thats what you do.......exactly as you often write 'The Guru is inside' and you find what you need at whatever time you need it. As you say, a stepping stone along a path which has no end.
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  06:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I always thought there is no need to meditate on 'Aum' or 'I am' after kundalini is fully awakened. I guess I was wrong.

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Jul 02 2009 06:40:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  9:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

I will no longer need to practice when everyone no longer needs to practice. We are all in it together, as One.

Beautiful...truly beautiful

I'm not sure why I was a little surprised that self-pacing was still needed at your stage of the game...I imagine that your not suffering from the more pedestrian kundalini symptoms like energy headaches, insomnia, etc, etc...is it more trying to avoid a premature John Wilder event like at the end of S.O.W.?

Bowing to the guru in all of us...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  12:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

I'm not sure why I was a little surprised that self-pacing was still needed at your stage of the game...I imagine that your not suffering from the more pedestrian kundalini symptoms like energy headaches, insomnia, etc, etc...is it more trying to avoid a premature John Wilder event like at the end of S.O.W.?

Bowing to the guru in all of us...

Hi Parallax:

It should be pointed out that no practice is an end in itself, and therefore not deserving of excess, even if the excess can be handled by advanced practitioners. Overdoing time spent in one practice will be at the expense of downstream practices and the compounding of positive effects. There are only so many hours in the day, and it is important to use them wisely, for all practitioners at any stage.

The "downstream" we are talking about here could be viewed generally as spinal breathing enhancing deep meditation, deep meditation enhancing samyama, samyama enhancing self-inquiry, self-inquiry enhancing divine outpouring and service, and so on. This is a simplification, but you get the idea. Other practices that may be woven in provide similar strengthening of downstream effects, according to their known characteristics.

So, self-pacing is not only a good defense on the path. It is also the essence of a good offense. This has implications reaching far beyond our local concerns.

On the "John Wilder event," what you suggest is not too far-fetched. As we advance, while our personal energy issues may become much reduced, or irrelevant, there is also the matter of keeping cause and effect in balance covering a much wider range of influence. In that sense, you could say that stabilizing a John Wilder-like event on a global scale is part of the program. That event is not only about the individual. It is about everyone.

We are, in fact, currently in the midst of such an event, with many "John Wilders" involved. It is occurring in slow motion, rather than as a sudden spiritual energy explosion, as it was dramatized in the novel. This does not mean bodies are going to vaporize into thin air. But body/mind self-identification will. The Secrets of Wilder novel is a metaphor (Campbell-esque myth) for something equally (or more) dramatic that is currently playing out in the world.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  1:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow

Edited by - miguel on Jul 18 2009 1:40:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  5:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Thank you for taking the time to answer...your reply was profound in many different respects...downstream practices...compounding effects...balancing over a wider sphere of influence...global vaporization of body/mind self-identification...I've re-read it about 5x already, letting it all soak in...pretty amazing stuff...

Its exciting to think that we are in the midst of (much less participating in!) such a broad spiritual transformation...onward and upward!!

Peace and Love...
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Mind-Blowing!!! Mind-Blowing!!! Mind-Blowing!!!

The above post was very profound and insightful whiile i explore self-pacing.

I simply echo everything Parallax pointed out. So there is no need to repeat it.

Love & Global Awakening for All,Stabilising A Global Awakening,
Thanks for shining your 10000megawatt lamp on all our souls.Great being in the presence of a true inspiring heavyweight.

Thank You

Edited by - Akasha on Jul 21 2009 10:34:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These 2 points stuck out somewhat for me:-

1.**Self-pacing regards to keeping in balance cause and effect covering a wide range of influence

2.Self-pacing as the essence of an offence (i.e not just a defence)

A lot of profundity to digest there.Though to be quite honest i'm not too sure if i really understand self-pacing or over-doing ,fathom it completely.Though i don't deny it's necessity based on prior (before ayp) experiences in the past.I think it is knowing when to self-pace- that is perhaps what i mean and maybe unclear on..I am still perhaps figuring that one out in full,despite appreciating the more profound side regarding points made here about it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000