Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 The Shiva Sutras of Kashmir Shaivism
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  9:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

http://www.universalshaivafellowshi...ings_02.html

Note: Click on links on right-hand side of the page (linked above) entitled:

First Awakening (aka Divine Means)
Second Awakening (aka Empowered Means)
&Third Awakening (aka Individual Means)

.. to go to the appropriate section of the Shiva Sutras.

The translation is by Swami Lakshmanjoo, a realized master and a Sanskrit scholar.

The Shiva Sutras (link above) are the foundational sutras of Kashmir Shaivism; the Yoga Spandakarika, the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra (the 112 methods for accessing the gap of silence between each perception) and related writings all originated via the Shiva Sutras of Kashmir.

Since so much has been said about Kashmir Shaivism here at the forum in recent times, I thought a link to the sutras might be useful/interesting.

As the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali are to the Samkhya philosophy, the Shiva Sutras are to Kashmir Shaivism.

Personally, I've found greater value in the Shiva Sutras than in any other text (which is not to say the Shiva Sutras are "better" --- "better" is what helps *you* awaken .. I'm just emphasizing that the Shiva Sutras have helped me; a LOT.)

Also, please note:

Kashmir Shaivism is neither about the god Shiva or the land of Kashmir; Shiva is simply that system's name for I AM, and Kashmir is where the sutras originated.

A more accurate name might be "Triadic Advaita" - a system of Oneness, within which Unity, Diversity and their Union (Humanity) are experienced (Hence the Trisula or Trident as Kashmir Shaivism's symbol: one thing with three points).

Waves, Particles and their Union-Oscillations ....

Quantum Physics
Kashmir Shaivism
Enlightened Humanity

Diverse Descriptors

One Reality

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 14 2009 11:11:01 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000