Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 i need help about " initiation into hermetics"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  6:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi,

these days i had been reading a new book " initiation into hermetics " , and when i had started reading the first exrecice " thought controling " i found some troubles undersand it.
can anyone explain it , and give some information to me please .
i am sorry for my bad english :)

peace and love .

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  05:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zinon

I take it you mean the Franz Bardon book.
Thought control is a round about way of describing Samadhi.
The prerequisite to all hermetic work is inner silence the best and easiest way to achieve this is by deep meditation the old methods described where thoughts are forced out can give you bad headaches and many other adverse symptoms.
If you are seriously going into hermetics I can advise you that nothing will work until you get at least as far as Samyama as described in the AYP system.

Wishing you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  08:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard

Thanks for your answer ,
I will work with your advise about geting into hermetics ,and for you information i had chose the ayp to be my spiritual path a long time a go :)
But i am still in meditation and pranayama ;)

thanks again my freind .

peace and love .
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  1:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem zinon glad to be of help. If you want any more information about Franz Bardon email me
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  3:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi zinon,

i've read some parts of the book you mentioned a very long time ago so i can't say i am familiar with the exercises in it.

all i can say is that the best way to control the thoughts and have good focus is to be mindful\aware of everyday living from tiniest bits but of course in moderation this stuff is supposed to be fun and not a forced dictatorship.

take care bro,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  6:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard , Ananda ,

Thanks again richard .
Thanks for this information , but it's seem really hard to practice but i will practice it like a game :)

peace and love :)

Go to Top of Page

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Zinon.
Check out www.abardoncompanion.com and look into the new lectures on the updates page. Also the archived bardon praxis discussion forum. But the key really lies in relaxing and letting go, and mastering the "observation" of thoughts in the very first mental exercise. I really recommend the recent lecture on the above site for the first step.
Bill
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  4:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill ,

thanks for the information and your advises .
the problem i had is understand how to do this " observation " .

peace and love :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000