Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Earlobes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure that this is in the right place, but here goes:

Been having a funny time with my practice the last couple of weeks: very intense bhakti, some quite ecstatic puja experiences, spontaneous bliss outdoors... drastically decreased sensations/immediate benefits from spinal breathing etc, tendancy to 'fall asleep' during DM, feeling generally stuffed up and out of sorts. Today was rainy and cold and I felt as if I was experiencing the weather from the inside out...

Plainly overdoing something, then, and I'm going to cut back on some things asap. To my question, though: has anyone had the urge to pierce an ear or anything like that? In the same last couple of weeks I re-opened an old ear piercing and have been idly trying to stretch it out again - I keep catching myself fiddling with it, as if it's something incredibly important (and it clearly is not). Any ideas? Earlobes connected to chakra? Pressure point? Endorphin craving? What? I'm not in the piercing culture at all, btw.

Love!

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an interesting topic. I have been checking out Baolin Wu's qigong book, and an important practice in his system is playing with the ears to heal the kidneys.

I have been doing it for the past couple of weeks, and I think it's a good thing to do. It releases heat from the head, and helps assist in the gentle natural realignment of the atlas.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I mess with my earlobes all the time now.

It has been years since I worn earrings and I find myself engrossed in my lobes

I am a bit of a picker.

I wish I could harvest blackheads and pimples on my body-but I don't..except for the occasionaly tiniest of tiny pimple-

does that help anyone here?

THere is suppose to be an acupressure point for relaxstion inside I think the top edge if you pinch it--inside that little area if yu follow the edge

all my friends except my monkey- don't understand my need to preen!

Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Scott - so there IS something, perhaps. How would your findings translate to the chakra/Kundalini system, do you think (I know absolutely nothing about qigong, unfortunately)? What's meant by 'atlas?'

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  07:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My view is that there is only one nervous system, which is more complex than any tradition describes.

Atlas is the top vertebrae. When there's tension there, it blocks off the flow of energy and information.
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  08:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Scott - my knowledge of the etheric body is minute and so I need the language I'm familiar with (the Indian tradition) to make any sense of it!

Atlas is the top vertebrae. When there's tension there, it blocks off the flow of energy and information.

That's it. That, along with my sternum, is where my major feelings of being blocked/constricted are. This is really fascinating.

Sage, who needs friends if you have a monkey? :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000