Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Ed Kowalczyk on Meditation/Christianity/Oneness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  10:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hey All,

As some of you know (if you've read my related posts), I've been posting some of the lyrics from the band LIVE -- because, unlike many (all?) other rock bands - most ... no, actually ... ALL of LIVE's songs are about "just one thing".

No .... not *that* one thing ........ just .... ONE ..... thing.

Oneness.
Realization.
Enlightenment.
Pure Bliss Consciousness.
Non-Duality.
Advaita.
Jnana.
Yogic Christianity.
Christ Consciousness.
Buddha Nature.
Shivo'ham
Samadhi
Devekut ("Kabbalah Samadhi")
Tantra.
Samadhi.
Yoga.
The Results of AYP.

.... the Reality of ... ONE (thing/reality/etc.)

Here's a link to a brief (3 min.) audio clip, in which "Ed from LIVE" says the same thing many of us are saying about oneness, yoga, Christianity, Self, returning to Christianity with a yogic perspective, etc.

The only difference is: when he said it, he said it to millions - maybe tens of millions - of people.

It's from an interview from February 2008 -- on MTV.

And it's now archived on the Web.

And LIVE has millions of fans.

I find this all quite inspirational --- and just wanted to share it.

Ed from LIVE on Oneness, Self & Christianity - MTV Interview.

Intending The Awakening Of All,

Kirtanman

PS- We've debated the efficacy of certain controversial gurus here in the forum; one who comes to mind right away is the recently Mahasamadhi'd Adi Da Samraj.

And on the one hand - Adi Da was definitely controversial; I actually only know of a handful of people who have considered themselves disciples of Adi Da's - and only one person, who considers Adi Da his guru, in the full sense of the term.

On the other hand ....

It's this guy (Ed from LIVE).

VIDEO: LIVE - They Stood Up For Love - Original Version.

(& my point isn't *anything* for/against Adi Da, or any other guru, per se - my point is: it seems that the power of the guru isn't so much about who the guru "is", or seems to be -- but about whether or not the association with the guru helps to awaken *you* -- and, by extension -- how that awakening manifests in the "world", serving the awakening of all.)

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000