Enlightenment Milestones
 where is yoga leading us?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  1:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.

This is a question that comes to mind this days.Why we practice yoga,in long term?
When i say "in long term" im talking about where is yoga leading us in this life and specially beyond this life.
Its ok doing yoga in this life,it only can bring good things and development...but this is not the intention of this topic...im trying to go beyond this life,this body-mind with this topic...
Whats the meaning of a life dedicated to yoga sadhana after its ending? what have we gained with that big practice and what we "harvest" because of it?
I know there are topics from yogani talking about it,i have read some of them...and obviously,they are very helpfull topics....but i think it could be interesting giving differents opinion.Maybe this was a treath in this forum in the pàst,i know...its a common question we all think about,and im sure it was disscused...but we can "recicle" the topic with new ideas,new people,new perspectives...
And i know some of you could say me :miguel,dont think,just practice and all will come in this life and beyondand its a great advice...

The central question is:what happens after death,were do we go,and what is the role of yoga during life here? we re-take our yoga practice after this life in another body,for example (i tend to believe in reincarnation...)

For my part,i cant give any opinion about this,because i have no idea about this,i "only" have my bhakti,and its the fuel of my practice...but im very interested in knowing some opinions from youthere are people here with great experience that can make this and interesting topic.With all my respect to young-yogis,like me

Edited by - miguel on Apr 21 2009 1:13:19 PM

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  3:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga is the cessation of the modification of the mind. When the modifications cease the Seer is established in its own nature. When there are modifications, there is distraction. The former case is a state of happiness. The latter case is a state of suffering. If you remain in the natural state of primordial awareness, as in the first case, then you will accumulate great wisdom and become a source of good on this planet. If you become enlightened, then you will become a source of good for the Cosmos.

About rebirth: Good actions will cause you have a rebirth as a human, or in a heavenly realm. Bad actions will cause you have a birth in a lower realm, as an animal or hell being. Both conditions are in Samsara, and Samsara is known to be endless. To escape Samsara you must do good actions while meditating in the natural state of naked awareness. Then you can attain a buddha's mind. The nature of your existence at that point is beyond words. Karma is real: respect that.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Apr 21 2009 3:34:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Osel.

I love the idea of reincarnation..and moksha (beautiful word).I think moksha takes lot of lifes and spiritual work....
Since i started spiritual path,specially yoga,i have mre respect for the others,persons,animals,mother nature...and me!...It is a possitive thing here.

"If you remain in the natural state of primordial awareness, as in the first case, then you will accumulate great wisdom and become a source of good on this planet."

AYP helps me getting closer to my real self,it takes time....
And do you think we retake yoga practices in next life?

Edited by - miguel on Apr 21 2009 5:07:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  3:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Hi Osel.

I love the idea of reincarnation..and moksha (beautiful word).I think moksha takes lot of lifes and spiritual work....
Since i started spiritual path,specially yoga,i have mre respect for the others,persons,animals,mother nature...and me!...It is a possitive thing here.

"If you remain in the natural state of primordial awareness, as in the first case, then you will accumulate great wisdom and become a source of good on this planet."

AYP helps me getting closer to my real self,it takes time....
And do you think we retake yoga practices in next life?

You can be enlightened in this life. But you are not. So long as you take care to make good karma, you will be reborn in favorable conditions for make more progress on the path.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  4:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hummm...interesting,but...how can i improve my good karma?
It seems to be an easy thing to do,but...take a look around...the world...
Do you think its a question of saying "ok,ill take care to make good karma" and doing good actions?¿?
Is there a "road map" about good karma? how can we know wich is the best direction to take in each moment?
And im very interested...wich is the role of sadhana here and beyond this life? and between sadhana and good karma?
hummm...lots of questions

Edited by - miguel on Apr 22 2009 4:04:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  4:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
how can we know wich is the best direction to take in each moment?

This one is easy - self-inquiry, rooted in silence. Basically you need one thing - awareness, which can be easily cultivated in meditation.

And here is your link between sadhana and good karma also.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  02:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yoga is life.
But who can inner silence and self inquiry tell us what is good an bad in karmic terms?

Edited by - miguel on Apr 23 2009 06:30:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi yoga is life.
But who can inner silence and self inquiry tell us what is good an bad in karmic terms?

(I presume you mean 'how can inner silence...')

Karma is just a concept. But you know in your heart what is good and bad, don't you? Everybody has this. Somethings hurt, others give you peace. It is quite clear to see that if you cultivate the 'good ones', you are creating 'good' karma. but don't be fooled by the mind or any cultural constraints - only you, inside, know what is right and wrong action. For that you must be connected with your interior. Some call it inner silence or pure awareness. call it what you want. the important thing is that you find it inside you and learn to listen to it.

Makes sense?

Sorry but there is no matematical formula for this, unfortunately
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes YIL,it makes sense perfectly...thanks.
but what about the relation of karma with self inquiry?

Edited by - miguel on Apr 23 2009 07:52:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

hummm...interesting,but...how can i improve my good karma?
It seems to be an easy thing to do,but...take a look around...the world...
Do you think its a question of saying "ok,ill take care to make good karma" and doing good actions?¿?
Is there a "road map" about good karma? how can we know wich is the best direction to take in each moment?
And im very interested...wich is the role of sadhana here and beyond this life? and between sadhana and good karma?
hummm...lots of questions

Just do what is good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000