Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The morality of the siddhis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoga4ever

Argentina
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoga4ever's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I`ve been practising DM for something like a year now and i have been practicing samyama for less than a week, but as a novice on the samyama subject there is something that has catch up my attention lately and that is the issue of the morality of the siddhis. The question is when does siddhis arise? what is their nature?

Edited by - Yoga4ever on Apr 19 2009 8:27:23 PM

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  1:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoga4ever

I`ve been practising DM for something like a year now and i have been practicing samyama for less than a week, but as a novice on the samyama subject there is something that has catch up my attention lately and that is the issue of the morality of the siddhis. The question is when does siddhis arise? what is their nature? for an example Yogani has stated that siddhis only work in conjunction with a divine and selfish purpose, but for an example, suppose that am being attacked by a ferocious animal, like a tiger, since its not divine and selfish to save my neck then that means that i can say goodbye to myself, or could maybe an expert could give us an insight into the mechanics of siddhis, like in the previous example. Thanks.

Why is it not divine and selfish to save your own neck? On morality or misuse of Siddhi, Yogani's book gets into how its not possible to do this since they are related to growth in the Silence, so they are self-correcting. In other words, by the time your transmuting lead into gold, you'll see lead and gold as the same thing, so who cares?

Then again, as the Yoga Sutras state, the siddhis are possible via other means, do they have self-correcting controls? But, such thought inevitably leads to belief in shamans, magic, and things that go bump in the night.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  3:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, Yoga4ever.
There is no way the siddhis can be controlled by the individual because of the self-correcting built in to them. They just happen. However, if your intentions are aligned with God or your highest ideal, and not just yourself, siddhis are more likely to work in your favor, even though you are not controlling them.
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoga4ever

..... there is something that has catch up my attention lately and that is the issue of the morality of the siddhis. The question is when does siddhis arise? what is their nature?

Hi Yoga4ever:

These are some of the recurring questions on samyama, to even longtime practitioners too.

Yogani has recently posted this new (timely) lesson that addresses some of these issues:

Lesson 317 – Eleven Key Questions on Samyama

Welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000