Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Purchased AYP ebooks no longer accessible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

polycue

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit polycue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In February and June of 2005 I purchased Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living and The Secrets of Wilder from Amazon.com. They were readable with Adobe Reader 7, the then current reader, and all was well.
After upgrading to a higher version of Adobe Reader I no longer can access these two books. Amazon replied to my requests to have access to these legitimately purchased ebooks by stating I should pay $359.00 USD to buy an electronic reading device from them.
Surely there is a fairer and more enlightened way to resolve this issue!

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum polycue!

Have you upgraded to the new Adobe Reader? Usually upgrades are backward-compatible for prior documents.

$359.00 for the kindle reader? So much money!! Who can afford that now? I'd rather just purchase the paper-back books for about ten dollars each. But it seems only fair that you shouldn't have to purchase any new software to read the e-books you already bought.

Why not try to upgrade to the acrobat-9 and let us know if that works?

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

skorpion63

India
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  02:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit skorpion63's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Polycue,
I think you need to download and install http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ to read your ebooks.
Hope this is of some help.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  06:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Polycue:

Sorry you are having difficulty with the Adobe secured ebooks. In part because of this, AYP offers ebooks (as well as MP3 audiobooks) for direct download here: http://www.aypsite.org/books-xdirdownload.html
These ebooks are zipped PDF files with an MP3 audio introduction included, and no onerous security.

Anyone who is having problems with AYP Adobe secured ebooks can receive direct download replacements at no cost by writing me here.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Note: The AYP ebooks are also available on the Amazon Kindle reader. The Amazon conversion for Kindle alters book format, especially pages with illustrations. Just a heads up on that.

The AYP direct download PDF ebooks mentioned above can be viewed on the Sony Reader, or any other device that can handle PDFs. The PDF ebooks used to be password-protected, but that was removed a few months ago to facilitate the Sony and other readers.

Go to Top of Page

polycue

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  5:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit polycue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani for facilitating a painless and effortless resolution to my problem of not being able to read my purchased ebooks. The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000