Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Carlos Castaneda / Don Juan.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  3:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
(From Journey to Ixtlan book.)Some of the parts of this book that had a profound impact in me.

"Self-importance is another thing that must be dropped, just like personal history. The world around us is very mysterious. It doesn't yield its secrets easily. Now we are concerned with losing self-importance. As long as you feel that you are the most important thing in the world you cannot really appreciate the world around you. You are like a horse with blinders, all you see is yourself apart from everything else.
To help you lose self-importance talk to little plants. It doesn't matter what you say to a plant, what's important is the feeling of liking it, and treating it as an EQUAL (I take awareness of the meaning (humility) of this last word in the only ayahuasca season i have had, in 2006,when you understand its meaning you star laughing and laughing about stupid human self-importance.I laughed a lot of my own-self during that experience ).
A man who gathers plants must apologize every time for taking them and must assure them that someday his own body will serve as food for them. So, all in all, the plants and ourselves are even. Neither we nor they are more or less important. From now on talk to the little plants, talk until you lose all sense of importance. Talk to them until you can do it in front of others. You must talk to them in a loud and clear voice if you want them to answer you.
The world around us is a mystery, and men are no better than anything else. If a little plant is generous with us we must thank her, or perhaps she will not let us go."

Don Juan.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 04 2009 5:46:22 PM

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
(hey Ether,definitly the gran canyon is a "place of power",our conversation in satsang cafe have lead me to write about castaneda!)

More from journey to ixtlan:

This text is incredible:

"It is getting dark. The world is very strange at this time of the day. We are very noticeable here and something is coming to us. It may seem to be wind to you, because wind is all you know. Here it comes. Look how it is searching for us. It's something that hides in the wind and looks like a whorl, a cloud, a mist, a face that twirls around. It moves in a specific direction. It either tumbles or it twirls. A hunter must know all that in order to move correctly.
To believe that the world is only as you think it is, is stupid. The world is a mysterious place. Especially in the twilight. This can follow us. It can make us tired or it might even kill us. At this time of the day, in the twilight, there is no wind. At this time there is only power.
If you would live out here in the wilderness you would know that during the twilight the wind becomes power. A hunter that is worth his salt knows that, and acts accordingly. He uses the twilight and that power hidden in the wind. If it is convenient to him, the hunter hides from the power by covering himself and remaining motionless until the twilight is gone and the power has sealed him into its protection.
The protection of the power seals you like in a cocoon. A hunter can stay out in the open and no puma or coyote or slimy bug could bother him. A mountain lion could come up to the hunters nose and sniff him, and if the hunter does not move, the lion would leave. I can guarantee you that."

Don Juan.

This texts,are a very interesting...

" We are all going to die. There is something out there waiting for me, for sure; and I will join it, also for sure. Use it. Focus your attention on the link between you and your death, without remorse or sadness or worrying. Focus your attention on the fact you don't have time and let your acts flow accordingly. Let each of your acts be your last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will your acts have their rightful power. Otherwise they will be, for as long as you live, the acts of a timid man. There is no time for timidity, simply because timidity makes you cling to something that exists only in your thoughts. It soothes you while everything is at a lull, but then the awesome, mysterious world will open its mouth for you, as it will open for every one of us, and then you will realize that your sure ways were not sure at all. Being timid prevents us from examining and exploiting our lot as men.
Our death is waiting and this very act we're performing now may well be our last battle on earth. "

I must say all the book from the fist page to last page is like this...incredible.There is a experience of castaneda in this book with a coyote (simmilar than a fox) at the end of the book that im looking for.Its my fouvorite text from castaneda...im looking for it,but its difficult to fing in the web..

Powerfull thing,doesnt it guys?

Edited by - miguel on Apr 06 2009 11:36:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  11:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
STOPPING THE WORLD (j.t.ixtlan)

Suddenly I felt that my body had been struck and then it became enveloped by something that kindled me. I became aware then that the sun was shining on me. I could vaguely distinguish a distant range of mountains towards the west. The sun was almost over the horizon. I was looking directly into it and then I saw the "lines of the world." I actually perceived the most extraordinary profusion of fluorescent white lines which crisscrossed everything around me. For a moment I thought that I was perhaps experiencing sunlight as it was being refracted by my eyelashes. I blinked and looked again. The lines were constant and were superimposed on or were coming through everything in the surroundings. I turned around and examined an extraordinarily new world. The lines were visible and steady even if I looked away from the sun.

I stayed on the hilltop in a state of ecstasy for what appeared to be an endless time, yet the whole event may have lasted only a few minutes, perhaps only as long as the sun shone before it reached the horizon, but to me it seemed an endless time. I felt something warm and soothing oozing out of the world and out of my own body. I knew I had discovered a secret. It was so simple. I experienced an unknown flood of feelings. Never in my life had I had such a divine euphoria, such peace, such an encompassing grasp, and yet I could not put the discovered secret into words, or even into thoughts, but my body knew it.

Beautiful and inspiring

Edited by - miguel on Apr 06 2009 11:36:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  1:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote from yogani in the forum,i dont know why it made me feel very,very good while reading it:

"Our practice is not only about us. It is about everyone! This becomes increasingly clear as we move along our path. Unity..."

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  2:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This reminds me of the accomplishments of the Findhorn Commune in Scotland. The angels of the plants helped them to grow massive crops and extraordinary flowers.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  6:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have felt something warm and soothing oozing out of the world before - just the other night when I walked into a place I had not been before. Good energy.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  04:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes,im sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000