Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Pain in hands up to elbows when asleep?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  12:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently my hands have started hurting at night, kind of like really sharp tingling like pins and needles or like my hands are falling asleep to the point where they hurt. Tonight this sensation went all the way up to my elbows. It was very difficult to move my arms and hands while this was happening.

Not sure if this is my astral body wanting to exit the physical body or not. I feel like this is probably kundalini related.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My other thought is that this is simply energetic pathways (nadis or meridians) opening up more fully.
But really, I have no idea. I just know that it is not pleasant.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  07:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do any movements/stretches of the hands/wrists/arms help soothe the sensations?

yes, it seems to be kundalini related, no? At least some cleaning of your nerves probably. If you can bear it maybe it will pass in time if you keep your routine stable.
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

do any movements/stretches of the hands/wrists/arms help soothe the sensations?

yes, it seems to be kundalini related, no? At least some cleaning of your nerves probably. If you can bear it maybe it will pass in time if you keep your routine stable.

This does make sense to me. Back when I was into extreme weight lifting, my hands, elbows and wrists would hurt very frequently. Usually some sort of tendonitis. I had it on and off for 20 years. For the last 3 years I got cortizone shots in my elbows. So there is probably much damage to repair along these pathways.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  07:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Back when I was into extreme weight lifting, my hands, elbows and wrists would hurt very frequently. Usually some sort of tendonitis. I had it on and off for 20 years. For the last 3 years I got cortizone shots in my elbows. So there is probably much damage to repair along these pathways.

there you go...
Go to Top of Page

Byakku

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  09:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Byakku's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had kind of the same problem a few years ago, the Dr. told me I had Carpal Tunnel in my wrists from holding a spray gun in my had for 8,10, 12 hrs a day. My hands and arms have stopped hurting unless I hold something in them for an extended period of time.

I have just started to find out about Kundalini, and opening up of the Chakras so my Chi/Qi can move throughout my body. I have joined a Meetup group in Richmond, VA called Richmond Consciousness to try and find out more about opening up my Chakras or maybe to find someone that can help me meditate better!

Byakku
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  10:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Byakku and welcome to the forum....

I would suggest that you have a read through the first few Main Lessons here: http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html
especially the one explaining Deep Meditation here: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html
Here at AYP we don't focus on "opening up the chakras" as we consider this "under the hood" and not necessary to think about/understand in the grand scheme of things. AYP centres around Deep Meditation which allows us glimpses of the "inner silence" we all have at our core, and then adds on Spinal Breathing Pranayama which helps to purify the nervous system creating fertile ground for the seeds of Deep Meditation. Going to a meeting group such as the one you described is a good idea, as Satsang with other spiritually inclined individuals can help to increase our bhakti or spiritual desire. But the best lessons I've come across on meditation are here at this site and you don't have to go around searching for someone who can "enlighten" you (as to how to meditate better). If you have any questions feel free to ask....there are many here who are able to give great advice on all sorts of spiritual issues or ideas. Wishing you the best on your journey.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000