Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Ujjayi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Locrian

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  6:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Locrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been looking everywhere for the purpose of Ujjayi, but all I seem to come across are methods and procedures. Could someone tell me why I am doing this? Thanks

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Locrian (love that name as it is one of the more unusual modes of the major scale!),

According to Yogani's AYP book, Ujjayi (partially holding the epiglottis while exhaling in pranayama) creates additional pressure in the lungs and pranic pressure throughout the nervous system. It also creates a fine vibration deep in the throat that assists in purifying and opening the neurobiology in the chest throat and head.

With Peace and Respect,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Locrian

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  12:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Locrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha, thanks. Impressed you knew what locrian was (yes, I'm easily impressed) lol.

Thanks. I need to order that book! I googled all over and all I kept finding was descriptions.
I appreciate the answer. Knowing what the purpose of something is helps me achieve it.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The AYP book is a Godsend. It is very handy to have laying out for reference or inspiration. It also has some info in it that you cannot find online. It is destined for spiritual "classic" if we can get the word out!
Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000