Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 So what is this ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  05:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I seem to have hit my stride while meditating. Something has clicked into place and I am finding it hard to describe what it is I am feeling. It just seems to be a sensation that is physical and emotional, like falling deeply in love but softer and lighter somehow. It recharges during meditation and seems to last right through until the next meditation but diminishing very slowly. Its like my insides are full of warm syrup, in my head one moment and then bursting through my whole body like a human Ben & Jerrys.

It's taken a few months to understand what is meant by favouring the mantra. Finally last night I got on and rode that particular bike without stabilisers. Just like a kid who can't quite believe that it is possible, meditating this morning proved it was real.

I love this sensation, makes me feel joyously happy and tingly. But what actually is this ? Where has it come from ? What the heck is it all about ?

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  05:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl, that sounds wonderful.

Could it be Joy? Pure Joy? I wouldn't know though.

Just wondering: how long have you been meditating with AYP?

Thanks for sharing!

And Happy Valentine's day
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Hi Karl, that sounds wonderful.

Could it be Joy? Pure Joy? I wouldn't know though.

Just wondering: how long have you been meditating with AYP?

Thanks for sharing!

And Happy Valentine's day

About 4/5 months now, been very stoic and stick to the 10mins of Pranayama with the 'extras' followed by 20 mins of DM and 5 minutes rest. Twice a day regular as clockwork.

Pure Joy, it might be. I probably wouldn't recognise it. Somehow, looking back now my life has depended on shots of success and triumphs to experience any sort of real buzz. I have never had that love of people and life in that sense that I hear some people talk about. A bit of a cold fish really. So this feeling is strange and very alien, but also very natural at the same time. It seems to stretch and move with me without any sort of cloying fuzziness, a perfect fit. Like someone turned a light on inside me.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  06:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's beautiful karl. Do keep us posted of progress. I am sure others will add comments of their own.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  07:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi yogaislife and karl, this is bliss a mix of ecstacy and rising inner silence and in time it will become much more powerful it's outpouring comes mainly from the heart if you track it's source.

with me it's present a lot of the times but not always, sometimes it goes for days then poufff.

and karl if you thought this is wonderful, then wait and see what's behind the corner ....

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  08:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi karl,

very beautiful, I'm glad for you. One neat thing to this energy, however you want to call it, is that one can share it with other beings. You can offer it to other people and they will receive it in their hearts. Actually, in my experience, it is impossible not to offer and share it with others. Have you noticed that everyone wants to be with you, when you are feeling it? People will love you, help you, and protect you, because you can offer something so important for everyone. It's an entrance card into people's hearths!

Namasté,
Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Feb 14 2009 7:48:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,
I loved your description of your meditation favoring the mantra, while letting go of all attachments to hows and whys over here.

Thank You.

What you are experiencing is an opening, some blocks falling away, giving you glimpses into pure joy.. into the silence that is you. It feels great doesn't it?

And I don't want to sound like a spoilsport.. but it is important to know, that this is an opening, so don't measure every meditation with this one going forward. This awesome blissful meditation will stay with you for as long as it does, and then it will change to whatever it changes to... only to reveal more openings an more bliss. So go with whatever is send your way in meditation. Don't make it a standard of how perfect mediation is supposed to be like.

Wishing you many more openings.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that post Shanti as well. The link to the other Karl's post is great as well, really loved to read it.

Keep sharing Karl, it seems you are in the right track
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  11:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments. I thought this would probably be part of a transition and would change again. This is the first time for a while that anything has really happened and as you say it is fantastic. It's a definite encouragement to continue.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  12:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi karl....thanks for sharing, this was an inspiring post to read.
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I seem to have hit my stride while meditating. Something has clicked into place and I am finding it hard to describe what it is I am feeling. It just seems to be a sensation that is physical and emotional, like falling deeply in love but softer and lighter somehow. It recharges during meditation and seems to last right through until the next meditation but diminishing very slowly. Its like my insides are full of warm syrup, in my head one moment and then bursting through my whole body like a human Ben & Jerrys.

There are lots of different words to describe what you are feeling, but they are all just words. AYP may call it bliss, Buddhists may call it metta, but it's all the same. A wonderful feeling and one that truly can only be experienced 'cause words do it little justice.

quote:

It's taken a few months to understand what is meant by favouring the mantra. Finally last night I got on and rode that particular bike without stabilisers. Just like a kid who can't quite believe that it is possible, meditating this morning proved it was real.

Beautiful Bro....dropped the training wheels....I like it.

quote:

I love this sensation, makes me feel joyously happy and tingly. But what actually is this ? Where has it come from ? What the heck is it all about ?

Does it matter in the least? If so...why?
Wishing you many more blissfilled meditations.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  3:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Karl,

I would like to add that what this is is your natural birthright (and all of ours), what it means to be truly authentic and truly human. Perfectly natural, a falling away of all the things that stand in the way.

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Karl,

Just came across this post; I am really really happy for you. I've been on the AYP track here for around the same amount of time as you and have had similar experiences as of late. Going deeper in meditation and samyama...losing sense of the body. Inner stillness during the day where sometimes I'm not sure if my heart is beating or if I'm actually breathing. Feelings of love, peace, contentment...that everything is not only OK, but absolutely perfect just as it is: sitting in traffic on the way to work, waiting at the airport to catch a flight (which is subsequently canceled), bringing the garbage out the curb on "trash day". Its all good. Its all better than good.

And as some mentioned above, its not always there...not yet anyway. There are days when I feel my patience being tested, things don't quite seem so perfect, I react with my ego instead of with my stillness ...lots of work still to do. But the glimpse of the stillness just adds more fuel to the bhakti..and all the while the practices go on...like clockwork

Please keep us all posted on your continued progress, its an inspiration and a joy to read

Peace & Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000