Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 AYP Helpers
 Is anyone experiencing forum load time delays?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  1:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

I have seen some intermittent load time delays on the new hosting service since it started up Sunday, 10/9/05.

Have you experienced any delays when you call up the AYP forums since the new host came online? If you have, please report it here.

A delay would be a load time of more than a couple of seconds on fast internet, and whatever you consider to be abnormal if you are on dial-in. The timer feature for the forum has been turned on (see bottom of page), so you can measure load times.

Thanks for helping out. The tech folks would like to know how widespread such delays might be. It will help them pinpoint and resolve any problems.

And if the load times you are experiencing are terrific, we'd like to hear from you too.

The guru is in you

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The forum is loading in 0.18 secs this seems a little slower than before but it is very hard for me to tell as my dial up connection isn't very good and load times vary anyway

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  12:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good load time, Richard. May we all do that well.

I am still getting occasional load times of 10-15 seconds here, and sometimes a complete time out with an ASP script error.

Since no one else has mentioned delays here yet, perhaps I am the only one. That would be good!

Anyone having delays, please do report it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  7:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani,
I was getting some pretty substantial delays yesterday. Up to 10-15 seconds and I have DSL. I am pretty sure that it was related to the site. I tried to go to Yahoo to test the speed and it opened up within 1 second. Today I do not have any speed issues.
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  10:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I had the same issues as reported by Paul except that they occurred when I logged in this morning. Other pages tested out normally.

A

Edited by - Anthem on Oct 12 2005 11:57:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  08:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much.

These inputs will lead to more digging for a solution.

Anyone else?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  6:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just experienced a 10-15 second delay loading the forum. This is the first time I have noticed the problem since the server switch.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  7:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since my last post, I recieved the script error as well.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  11:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Thanks much for those additional inputs.

Other load time experiences anyone is having are welcome here also.

The problem is being worked on as we speak -- the tech folks are trying to track down the source of it. It is one of those mysterious gremlin things...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  10:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again all:

Some tech things were done over the past couple of days, and the load times (here anyway) have improved quite a bit.

If anyone is still experiencing forum load time delays, please let us know.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  4:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Has anyone been experiencing load time delays for the AYP forums lately?

If so, please advise on how often and how long the delays have been. There is a load time given at the bottom of every page.

If you have had any timeouts with an error message, please advise also.

Thanks.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000