Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 How to Use a Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  3:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

I'd like to share with you some info on mantra meditation, that I just ran into, and that I'm finding very helpful and instructive. The author is Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati. As far as I understand, it is directly linked with what we do in AYP deep meditation and brings, at least from my point of view, some fresh insight into the whole thing.

Roman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZe3...ture=channel

http://www.swamij.com/mantra-use.htm

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 04 2009 3:44:07 PM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  4:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome link
It helped me because it talked about many subtle aspects of meditation that I never knew were a talked about part of Mantra yoga. Namely, the aspect of listening vs. reciting is something I've always noticed, but never bothered to mention on here, I guess. Also, mantra speed and allowing itself to repeat at it's tempo. I also like that it presents the different aspects against a scale of gross-fine instead of telling you which is right and wrong. There really is no right or wrong place in that spectrum.

I'm always afraid when the mantra starts to dissapear into silence, but now I know to let it be :-)

Thanks, Roman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000