Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Irritation after sadhana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys

This has been a recurring problem for me for a few years. I can't say how often it happens...maybe 1 out of 20 sessions...

After a session, regardles of rest time, I feel irritable. Psychologically I'm fine, but my body seems irritated. I cant really explain it...it's like feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. Maybe too much energy up top.

Any good practices for this? It does not feel like a kundalini thing or anything like that. Just unjustified irritation.

Im gonna try and eat a heavy meal, see if that helps :-)

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 27 2009 07:35:39 AM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

Any good practices for this?

Less practices. I'd say if this is happening approx every 20 sessions, then you are pretty close to well balanced, but if it is still happening I would drop 5 mins of SBP for the next 20 sessions and see if that makes a difference. Less is more I keep hearing

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony

This is usually caused by not resting long enough after practices.
Make sure you have at least 5 minutes rest when you have finished your practices, more if you can.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  10:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't have a good rest. The whole time I was doing yoga and resting there was a very loud piledriving going on at a bridge construction site...and i gotta admit no matter how hard i tried i got a bit irritated! didnt make for a great rest,

i ate a pretty big lunch and it seemed to help
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  07:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  6:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds to me like this is some housecleaning going on at the level of heart chakra.

Get a hold of some Green Aventurine. This stone seems to smooth outthe energy that gets stuck in the heart and brings you back to a state of peace. Takes about 20 minutes to feel the irritation being absorbed by the stone.

serious.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  12:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony. I've had this same irritability experience from a couple of reasons. First, being interrupted loudly and unexpectedly during meditation, and also, as Richard said, not enough rest after meditation.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000