Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Buddhists/Hinduists/Yogis: parkaya pravesh?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a Hindu friend that I recently met. We have only gotten together for tea a few times and discussed spiritual matters. To me, he seems exceptionally knowledgeable, especially in matters related to tantra/shiva/shakti/kundalini. In fact, he often speaks at a level that is just plain over my head. Nonetheless, he is a very nice person and I enjoy his company.

In a recent email, he mentioned that he can observe his and others chakras and is trained in parkaya pravesh. And then he explanied that parkaya pravesh is a way of cosmically entering someone elses body through prana.

Is this really possible?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  2:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything you can imagine is possible, is possible!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  3:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Anything you can imagine is possible, is possible!

Love,
Carson

Hello Carson!

I take it that you lean towards the mystical side? "The world is an illusion" type person?

As many times as I have heard this, the message just doesn't resonate with me (yet). I say yet, because my beliefs have changed radically in the last year and are still changing.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  4:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi solo,

No I'm not an overly mystical type of person. I'm a little more "grounded" then I wish sometimes actually! haha. A little too much in the mind some may say, me included. But there is so much that we as humans and especially in modern science take for granted, and so much that we refuse to acknowledge is possible, that I think we sometimes loose sight of the fact that every new advance that happens in any facet of human transformation, is at first seen as impossible and "mystical". Take flight for example. In the middle ages human flight was consider impossible for sure. And anyone who thought it might be possible was persecuted. (for example, don't know how much anyone was persecuted for this for real) Same nowadays. People who have radical ideas of what is possible are often dismissed as crazy, but really they are the minds of the future and their ideas will soon become normal and status quo. So write nothing off my friend, keep an open mind about everything and judge for yourself based on personal experience and faith that stems from inner silence.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  8:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by solo

I have a Hindu friend that I recently met...In a recent email, he mentioned that he can observe his and others chakras and is trained in parkaya pravesh. And then he explanied that parkaya pravesh is a way of cosmically entering someone elses body through prana.
Is this really possible?

Here is the theoretical answer to your question, and I paraphrase the book Yoga Secrets of Psychic Powers by Swami Jyotirmayananda, page 116-118:
After considerable yogic purification of body and mind through Yama, Niyama,Asana, pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi,...
"when the mind is purified, ome can untie the Pranas frm the physical body, and one can move out of it according to one's will. The mind with its deeper influence will keep watch over the body, and will facilitate the re-entry of the astral body into one's own body."
.."attachments, selfishness, greed, egoism, jealousy, etc." cause the astral body to be glued to the physical body. "Then it is very difficult and even painful to extricate one's Pranas from the physical body; and at the time of death when one is forced to depart, due to the impediments created by impurities in the astral tubes (Nadis) one suffers intense pain in the body and mind. But a virtuous soul departs easily without much difficulty due to the purification of the Nadis brought about by virtuous actions" and yogic practices.
"A Yogi however, has a conscious power over his astral body. He can let his physical body be separated from the astral body at his will."

A yogi acquires a knowledge of the nadis of his own body, as well as that of the body he wishes to enter.

Yogis will enter others' bodies only for "some divine work, they do not do so for curiosity or for trifles."..."Shankaracharya entered into the dead body of a King and lived in the palace for acquiring esperiences of a householder's life."

"With the development of this Siddi, a Yogi can move out of his body at the time of death without suffering pain and grief. A Yogi experiences the felicity of freedom, while others remain chained to the body even as parrots remain in cages."

So, the short answer is that yes, a yogi adept may be able to do so.
But as is often said, Siddhis are the sideshow and a seduction away from the true path. On the other hand, this discussion confirms something that has been a serious concern of mine for a long time. That concern is that our advanced yoga practices enable us to potentially be in conscious control at the time of death. That is a great interest of mine, in pursuing what we are doing. That would be a great blessing if that were possible. Our time is so short here my friends.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  03:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi solo,

actually a friend of mine used to have this experience but she told me that it was very unpleasant.

this is a post on the subject "incarnation in another's body while meditating?!!":
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=3570#3570
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  05:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
That concern is that our advanced yoga practices enable us to potentially be in conscious control at the time of death.

I dont think AYP is very helpful in that regard. Because we don't do external kumbaka (holding the breath outside) in AYP and intuitively I'd say that control over the moment of death can't be had without having absolute ease remaining in a breathless state.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  2:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maximus,

The breathless state can occur spontaneously with the breath in or out or even half-way between during deep meditation.

We don't do direct practices with breath out in AYP, but we do practice kumbhaka deliberately at the end of our pranayama or after deep meditation and/or samyama with many practices like yoni mudra kumbhaka and dynamic jalandra etc.

See the Main lessons in the same order here:

http://www.aypsite.org/91.html
http://www.aypsite.org/139.html

Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  3:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus

quote:
That concern is that our advanced yoga practices enable us to potentially be in conscious control at the time of death.

I dont think AYP is very helpful in that regard. Because we don't do external kumbaka (holding the breath outside) in AYP and intuitively I'd say that control over the moment of death can't be had without having absolute ease remaining in a breathless state.

I would like to briefly respond to this too.
I think that what is at issue is not just being comfortable with the breathless state in external khumbhaka. What is at stake is for us to gradually but with absolute resolution, to see that attachments all drop away, so that we can leave without a struggle, and not look back. That is our goal right now, because who knows when the time will come. Dissolve all attachments. That's a big order, but is possible for us. So let's take a look at our attachments. Know them.

Edited by - Neptune on Jan 02 2009 6:23:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  04:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, Neptune. But I have heard and verified from experience too that breathless state is a moment of deep detachment. There is much correlation between attachment to breath and attachments in general. I think that by controlling one you also exert an influence over the other.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000