Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 BiNaural tones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarasotayogi

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sarasotayogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I thought this would make an interesting topic, have any of you experimented with binaural [ hemisync etc.] tones? I would like to hear feedback on how they have worked, and how they differ from the AYP technique. I have used them with varying results, and would like share my experiences.....thanks

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 29 2008 11:34:05 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  12:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sarasotayogi, welcome.

I have experimented with brain entrainment technology on and off with interesting results. It's one of those things that works for most people and some people it doesn't work at all. I think it worked for me.

It is hard to say if it always works for me though. Sometimes i didn't seem to get much effect from it. Meditation is rather similar without brain entrainment.

I have experienced my feet suddenley vibrating or jumping (this is a sign it is working) which seems similar to restless leg syndrome. I have experienced vibratory sensations in different parts of the body, sinking feelings, numbness of the lower limbs (could be related to sleep paralysis, which i have never had), mental sensations like good feelings.

I have even seemingly experienced effects just by sitting in front of the computer without being still and closing my eyes, with the neuroprogrammer software. Apparently headphones aren't always needed for entrainment to work.

Other things - intuitive flashes of insight, like rapid pictures passing by in my mind's eye which were incredibly lucid and seemed to be guidance. And feelings of calmness mixed with euphoria.

I wanted to experiment with the eye goggles with the flashing lights so i bought a Sirius mind machine. I used it a couple of times but not enough to notice any effects so far. I have mainly used Neuroprogrammer from Transparentcorp. You can download their program for free for 2 weeks. I highly recommend it and buying it too. It is fairly cheap and has tons of stuff. Plus a massive web forum. It has good science behind it.

Would you like to share your experiences?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  12:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sarasotayogi,

I personally have used the Centrepointe Holosync program (#1) and also have used many of the i-doser "sound drugs" which are the same idea but with a different purpose. (ie. get you high as opposed to "centered" or whatever) As far as I understand it there are 3 different types of responses people have to binaural beats....There are:

1.People who are sensitive to BB's and are affected the first time they try them.
2.People who are insensitive at first to BB's and it takes several listens for them to get anything out of them. And
3.People who are incapable of responding to BB's no matter how often or how long they listen to them.

Your ability to respond to BB's depends on which catagory above you fit into. Some people find that BB's help very much with getting into a relaxed, meditative state of mind and some people, like myself, find them more of distraction than anything. One of the AYPer's that attends the Calgary meditation group swears by the Centerpointe programs and uses them daily with his meditations, but when I tried this program I found it incredibly distracting and could not find the "silence" at all during this meditation. So everyone reacts differently I think. Would love to hear about your experiences though, please do share.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 29 2008 12:58:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sarasotayogi

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  3:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sarasotayogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say my experiences are similar, I think they have value in brain entrainment, but they are quite different from what were doing in AYP. I also found them to be distracting like you Carson, but they prove to have some value in calming the mind and focus. I went to the Transparent web site www.transparentcorp.com/ this is a fascinating site a lot of research going on, its worth a look. In the mean time I will continue on with the AYP meditation.....namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000