Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 "Actuality" Replaces "Reality."
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Y'all should see this. http://www.physics.gatech.edu/peopl...ss031215.pdf.

It's a bit technical, but provides a very cool "real world" vocabulary for words like "emptiness" or phrases like "stillness in action."

At the heart of this thesis is that over the centuries "reality" has been replaced by "actuality." In other words, nothing is real, actions act upon other actions in a purely relativistic fashion in emptiness.

Here's my favorite quote of 2008:

quote:
Learning (something about the system) and doing (something to the system) are no longer fantasized as fundamentally different kinds of action... A quantum entity is simple because among our actions on it, there are no longer privileged acts of selection that are not also acts of transformation. There is no “is” here, just a “does.”

This one is good too:

quote:
Renouncing such a successful common-sense absolute as the point-event in space-time leaves an emptiness which can be experienced either as empowerment and liberation or anomy and nausea, depending mainly on one’s prior practice in coping with emptiness and relativity.

Also:

quote:
The inference is that the separation between matter-space-time and dynamics is another transitory one and will dissolve in the evolution of physics.The compound matter-space-time/dynamics will become a semisimple matter-spacetime-dynamics unity.

I'm a little staggered right now, because the author predicts the convergence of physics and geometry, where geometry is dimensionless physics. I'm writing a book, too, based on my visions. I also saw the dimensionless as non-moving, thus non-physical, but as geometric. I foresee fractal geometry complementing physics to actualize harmonics, and, therefore, inter-dimensional travel. Trippy...

Quote from my book:

quote:
The shape of the Cosmos extends to multiple dimensions, and involves many universes other than our own. It takes the shape of a holographic “fractal” cast upon a non-dimensional surface. I say “fractal,” because every layer of our Cosmos is similar to every other layer, it proceeds according to the Fibonacci sequence, and it does appear to bloom similarly to a flower. It also wilts and disintegrates similarly to a flower. The Cosmos appears to spring primarily from light. The first dimension can only comprise an abstract wave coming straight at us, as a dot. As one dimension transforms into two, the initial layers of our Cosmos are described by geometry.

The above author states:

quote:
The inference is that the separation between matter-space-time and dynamics is another transitory one and will dissolve in the evolution of physics. The compound matter-space-time/dynamics will become a semisimple matter-spacetime-dynamics unity. This process has begun. The relation between dynamical and geometrical law is more than an analogy. The geometrical law ultimately rests operationally on experiments with light, which is governed by a principle of stationary pathtime: The path-time for the actual path of a light pulse is the same as for all infinitesimally nearby paths, to the first order of approximation. The dynamics tells us how light and all other signals actually propagate, by giving us the quantum phase for various histories. The geometrical law is merely the dynamical one viewed under coarse resolution and restricted to the special case of light signals. Therefore the metric and the dynamics cannot be chosen independently of each other. The quantity that is stationary in the geometrical law is actually the quantum phase of the dynamics, a dimensionless quantity.

He says "Physics is the search for the Law of Nature." The Buddha says that the purpose of life is Dharma, the Law of Nature. The essence of Dharma is that all is flux in emptiness, a selfless web of interconnected minds, which the enlightened view with compassion as not different from themselves.

Who says mushrooms can't solve world problems? Time swallows space. The square root of truth equals love.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

TMS

Edited by - themysticseeker on Dec 21 2008 11:09:19 AM

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  11:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

TMS

Liked a lot your post ! You forgot to name Giordano Bruno, he was also technical and mystical at the same time.

Neli

neli
quote:
Originally posted by themysticseeker

Y'all should see this. http://www.physics.gatech.edu/peopl...ss031215.pdf.

It's a bit technical, but provides a very cool "real world" vocabulary for words like "emptiness" or phrases like "stillness in action."

At the heart of this thesis is that over the centuries "reality" has been replaced by "actuality." In other words, nothing is real, actions act upon other actions in a purely relativistic fashion in emptiness.

Here's my favorite quote of 2008:

quote:
Learning (something about the system) and doing (something to the system) are no longer fantasized as fundamentally different kinds of action... A quantum entity is simple because among our actions on it, there are no longer privileged acts of selection that are not also acts of transformation. There is no “is” here, just a “does.”

This one is good too:

quote:
Renouncing such a successful common-sense absolute as the point-event in space-time leaves an emptiness which can be experienced either as empowerment and liberation or anomy and nausea, depending mainly on one’s prior practice in coping with emptiness and relativity.

Also:

quote:
The inference is that the separation between matter-space-time and dynamics is another transitory one and will dissolve in the evolution of physics.The compound matter-space-time/dynamics will become a semisimple matter-spacetime-dynamics unity.

I'm a little staggered right now, because the author predicts the convergence of physics and geometry, where geometry is dimensionless physics. I'm writing a book, too, based on my visions. I also saw the dimensionless as non-moving, thus non-physical, but as geometric. I foresee fractal geometry complementing physics to actualize harmonics, and, therefore, inter-dimensional travel. Trippy...

Quote from my book:

quote:
The shape of the Cosmos extends to multiple dimensions, and involves many universes other than our own. It takes the shape of a holographic “fractal” cast upon a non-dimensional surface. I say “fractal,” because every layer of our Cosmos is similar to every other layer, it proceeds according to the Fibonacci sequence, and it does appear to bloom similarly to a flower. It also wilts and disintegrates similarly to a flower. The Cosmos appears to spring primarily from light. The first dimension can only comprise an abstract wave coming straight at us, as a dot. As one dimension transforms into two, the initial layers of our Cosmos are described by geometry.

The above author states:

quote:
The inference is that the separation between matter-space-time and dynamics is another transitory one and will dissolve in the evolution of physics. The compound matter-space-time/dynamics will become a semisimple matter-spacetime-dynamics unity. This process has begun. The relation between dynamical and geometrical law is more than an analogy. The geometrical law ultimately rests operationally on experiments with light, which is governed by a principle of stationary pathtime: The path-time for the actual path of a light pulse is the same as for all infinitesimally nearby paths, to the first order of approximation. The dynamics tells us how light and all other signals actually propagate, by giving us the quantum phase for various histories. The geometrical law is merely the dynamical one viewed under coarse resolution and restricted to the special case of light signals. Therefore the metric and the dynamics cannot be chosen independently of each other. The quantity that is stationary in the geometrical law is actually the quantum phase of the dynamics, a dimensionless quantity.

He says "Physics is the search for the Law of Nature." The Buddha says that the purpose of life is Dharma, the Law of Nature. The essence of Dharma is that all is flux in emptiness, a selfless web of interconnected minds, which the enlightened view with compassion as not different from themselves.

Who says mushrooms can't solve world problems? Time swallows space. The square root of truth equals love.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

TMS

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TMS,

Awesome and informative post/link! I too often "see" things/life as "mathematics crossing over into geometry crossing over into (quantum)physics". And yes, mushrooms (as well as Ketamine and DMT/ayahausca) can perpetuate this view, as well as "solve world problems", haha. You are funny. But seriously, I have had some revelations in my day which basically brought me to the same conclusions as you and the author you are quoting above. I would be very interested to read your book someday when you are finished.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000