AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 source of energy from meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  1:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Recentely I came upon this video in youtube teaching a way of meditation and trying to explain how it works and its effects in our being:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmeP8gZtrQ

This is part of a longer movie where they explain their whole theory on meditation and what the effects of meditation are. You can watch parts of it in youtube starting in this (part 1):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAN_...1F92&index=0

(going all the way to part 11)

I just watched it all and wanted to know what you guys think. I was especially interested in what they say about cosmic energy and how this comes to us when we meditate because there are no thoughts blocking its flow. I was just perplexed at of where this energy comes from. It is true that in my experience there is more energy flow in meditation but I thought this energy is acutally part of our being, and is just blocked or in a low flow during activity because counscioussness is preocupied with activity, like walking, talking, thinking, etc. hence dividing energy flow. Once that stops, in meditation, energy flows more abundantly, a quite natural and normal process. But in the video they imply that this energy is cosmic energy and that it enters in the top of our heads and descends downwards through our etheric or energy body, thus cleasing us.

I know this probably is just a technicality, but how do you see this? I mean, most of it is in accordance with AYP, and anyway it is not really relevant to know where the energy comes from (it seems to be part of our nature anyway) but it is known that kundalini is something that travels from base to top of head and I am not sure how this other model fits in the whole picture.

Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000