Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spontaneous bastrika
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  09:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I was wondering if anyone experienced spontaneous bastrika during the day. Recently I am having this - something like a cramp of the diaphragm forces air out of my lungs. Either that or muscle cramps in different parts of the body or my torso shakes or vibrates for a little while. It is nothing big or extraordinary but I am curious if there are others experiencing the same.

roberto128

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  4:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit roberto128's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili;
I have been experiencing this moreso during meditation rather than during the day. I will get a flutter in the chest area or a shoulder or the belly. Not a vibration actually, but more a ripple for a few seconds (or longer) than it dissipates. I just keep going.
Go to Top of Page

quickstudy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit quickstudy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is pretty common in samyama also. It can break out into full blown automatic panting sometimes, especially during the "akasha - lightness of air" sutra. See http://www.aypsite.org/150.html about 3/4 of the way down. Something good is happening!

See here too, about 1/2 way down: http://www.aypsite.org/210.html

Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  07:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the responses
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000