Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 getting too much sensitive to light, noise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeaceFollower

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  12:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit PeaceFollower's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everybody,

First of all I am not sure why my old account "seekingshiva" is not working and I am not able to login nor get the old password back, not sure how I can reset it.

Secondly I really am going through so much and need help.

I am getting too much sensitive to light and noise that after meditation sessions I cannot see or hear even TV to a very low volume, lights just come across that they are flash lights. After some time I am fine but this session goes on and off.

Also I am very very very much sensitive to even medications like I used take Ayurvedic medicines but now even one pill will make me drowsy for days, yes days not hours.

I am always getting little bit kind of high means I feel like having couple of beers or few beers. I do not drink and haven't had any drinks or any thing which can cause drowsiness for may year/s to that extend.

Please help as I as missing meditation is not an option for me what else should I do.

And I am only watching my breadth once in a while in a day after reading "Vijnana Bhairava Tantra" http://www.totallyok.com/secret/subjects.htm besides the usual meditation.

Sita Ram

PeaceFollower

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  2:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit PeaceFollower's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please guide me as I am really looking for some advice as I am becoming non compatible with regular day to day activities and how should I avoid that.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  2:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peacefollower:

Backing off from practices and becoming more physically active (as much as you comfortably can) would be an appropriate thing to do at this time. That includes reduced spiritual study. Social contact of a non-spiritual nature will be helpful too. You have too much purification going on in your nervous system right now, and self-pacing and grounding are in order.

If you have raging bhakti (spiritual desire), it can aggravate the situation, and it would be wise to temper that also by doing things for a while that will engage the emotions on non-spiritual matters.

Keep as active as you can, be measured, and give the situation some time to recover and stabilize. This will pass, and you will be able to inch back into a comfortable routine of spiritual practice after a while. In the meantime, be sure to take measures to assure your comfort and safety. Perhaps others here will have helpful suggestions also.

The guru is in you.

PS: Regarding your seekingshiva ID, it seems to be in order and I wrote you separately about that.

Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  3:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks Yogani as I was really debating whether it is my health or my spiritual side kicking me.

Secondly thanks for the helping me activate seekingshiva again as I remembered which email address I used.

Seeing your page is itself an honor.

I was thinking that I have cut the spiritual practices to almost null but looks like my attention which goes to breadth now and when is the cause.

Once again thanks to your prompt reply, this AYP system is not only beneficial with the process you have laid out but also this forum which makes it shine more.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  6:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seekingshiva:

Of course, if the symptoms persist and measures you are taking don't offer relief, it will be a good idea to see a doctor.

For some other measures to consider, see this AYP lesson on kundalini remedies: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, when i meditate if i hear a loud noise nearby a kind of electric shock goes through my brain. What on earth is this?
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  3:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Yogani, when i meditate if i hear a loud noise nearby a kind of electric shock goes through my brain. What on earth is this?

probably natural response to loud noise, now if you can get really deep then maybe it would not have a response anymore, but that may need a very deep state.
just my thoughts
we are one, in the same
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi,

To make use of one metaphor, I would suggest that part of prana is the tension and balance between various nervous components. Some see meditation as passive relaxation, but in fact, both sympathetic and parasympathetic activity can be higher in meditation. Perhaps the loud noise leads the parasympathetic activity to drop suddenly, which is perceived as a surge? Or parts of the brain that had largely shut down suddenly become activated?

If the alarm bell is always ringing, people tend to become oblivious to it; perhaps the meditation leads to quiet, and then when alarm circuits are activated, the quiet is pierced?

Edited by - Propundit on Nov 26 2008 1:35:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000