New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  5:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some enlightened persons don't even believe in God... Actually, bodhi mind is non-conceptual so there is no question of duality or unity or any of that. So oneness is not right; nor is twoness. The enlightened feels, in the sense of really feels, that all appearances are the same, including her/his own bodymind. This arouses a sense of great compassion; just like you would jump to fix your burned hand, you would jump to fix any other body's hurts.

Re gurus: it is just as much the fault of the followers as the gurus when unscrupulous behavior arises. People should search out gurus that are well rooted in a reputable lineage with proven results over many thousand years. When people have quick fix mentality, bad things happen. That's karma.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  5:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

One reason I stayed away from yoga for so long was the concentration on individual gurus. It seems to me to be a dangerous thing, for both the gurus and their followers, to have so much attention placed on an individual. I have great respect for Yogani for not walking this same path.

"Whenever this subject comes up, it is always asked by some spiritual aspirant who wants to know the loss that may be incurred on letting go of the ego."

I have noticed this on other sites as well. What is lost when letting go of the ego? Well, the ego, of course. The ego will always fight against this loss, with everything that it has, all the trickery and illusion it can muster.

But what is gained? A soul freedom that the very core of ourselves, much bigger than our individual ego, longs for.

I don't know if the ego is "necessary" to keep our corporeal self together. I actually think that is just a way for the ego to justify its existence.

The ego is an illusory appearance of karmic misbehavior based on misunderstanding.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000