Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Kundalini Confusion: a Haibun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  02:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Kundalini Confusion: A Haibun by Steve Howard

I have no idea what to expect. Some Indian music plays in the background, a sitar, warbly singing, Mantras maybe. We sit in a circle on a large white couch. The Deeksha Givers ask us to close our eyes and relax or meditate. I’m in half lotus slowly counting my breath. I feel hands on top of my head. And then…..

Wild blue ropes of energy shoot from my hands and the top of my head. Waves of heat cause me to mildly convulse. Suddenly, involuntary deep breathing pulls the energy up my spine. The snake uncoils into spectacular visions; The Buddha’s contented face in gold, a rainbow pulsing from my solar plexus; the “I” melts into the indescribable. Calmness descends. Bathing in the knowing, I smile.

breath deep this holy gift
electric Dharma fires through blocks
the path has opened

Seven months later and I’m still unclean. Anger Karma rages across the little groove I occupy in the Field. My spontaneous Kundalini Awakening has been full of contradictions. If this is step one where should my feet fall for step two? Am I supposed to sit on the edge of the Ganges chanting Mantras? Hard to do seeing as I live in Japan. Life goes on in this modern world. I have no time to chase down a Guru. I’m left wondering, “What now?”

Life. Divine Mirth.
Not laughing at it?
Then you don’t get the punch line.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  03:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steven and welcome to the forum,

quote:
Seven months later and I’m still unclean. Anger Karma rages across the little groove I occupy in the Field. My spontaneous Kundalini Awakening has been full of contradictions. If this is step one where should my feet fall for step two? Am I supposed to sit on the edge of the Ganges chanting Mantras? Hard to do seeing as I live in Japan. Life goes on in this modern world. I have no time to chase down a Guru. I’m left wondering, “What now?”

It sounds like you were really blessed by the diksha givers! I have been blessed many times in similar ways. Kundalini awakening though, is just the beginning of the story... now there is a lot of work for you to do.
If you want to do the work the best place to start is here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Just follow the lessons through one at a time.

If you have any questions you can ask them here and someone will answer.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  08:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Am I supposed to sit on the edge of the Ganges chanting Mantras?
Yes. Sit on the edge of the flowing stream of samsara and hear the transient sounds of samskaras and vasanas breaking off and dissolving and washing away. The Ganges is everywhere and nowhere. The Mantras fade into Silence. Ram
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  09:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and Suryakant,

Thanks for the comments and advice. My Kundalini Awakening has made a huge impact on my writing as well.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000