Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 seeing future
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  5:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was reading a book, imagine that any ways it was talking aobut some changes that will be occuring through the world. Then one part they said, that it is not possilbe to know exactly how things will turn out because one cannot foretell the future. If we cant tell what is going to happen in the future, then how can we see the future? One night i had a dream and then it came true a few days later, exactly as i saw it in my dream.
thanks
i am
brother neil

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  5:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's just potentials. I don't believe fate to be true. I've had similar dreams or strong deja-vu sort of feelings though.

I reckon some potentials are almost certain, set in stone. Certain habits people have that are deeply ingrained, that just give rise to strong potentials or something of the sort.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
check out this guy: michel hayek he has most of the middle east shocked by his...

plus i don't know if it's a possibility or not, but speaking for myself i do see some glimpses about the future now and then

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  9:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is a link on the guy:

http://www.fanoos.com/society/michel_hayek.html
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  10:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I've seen quite a few glimpses of the future that came true. Think about a finite number of people with specific karma and certain lessons to be learned. Put them in a situation with a specific problem to be solved and individual personality tendencies, and the possibilities are considerably narrowed as to what will happen.

But i have entertained another possibility for a long time. Consider the possibility that although we experience time chronologically, it is possible that other factors don't. Like the influence of God, for instance.
And what if there are natural forces that appear random to us, but their true nature is not chronological? In other words, we think time is a straight line. but what if it is shaped like a maze, and you can see through to other parts of the maze sometimes?
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  03:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Etherfish, that was a very good image!

Well, according to the theory of relativity and modern physics it seems that time (and space actually) is indeed not linear and there is the possibility of wormholes, or "channels" that will transport you instantaneously to another time and place. So, like you say, time can indeed be a maze. There is much mistery in the universe, thta's for sure.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  12:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
some people have talked about seeing God's plan, i believe martin luther king has talked about that and other prophets as well. That is one of the reasons i asked about seeing the future. I can picture a maze but understanding it in relation to time, i would probably have to experience that first hand.
thanks for the responses
we are one
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had an odd glimpse of something...

Just makes me shudder in awe of something I understand and quite possibly never will...

I guess thats the absolutes plan!

Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  12:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I was reading a book, imagine that any ways it was talking aobut some changes that will be occuring through the world. Then one part they said, that it is not possilbe to know exactly how things will turn out because one cannot foretell the future. If we cant tell what is going to happen in the future, then how can we see the future? One night i had a dream and then it came true a few days later, exactly as i saw it in my dream.
thanks
i am
brother neil

Hey, brother neil, what if we create it and aren't just seeing it?

quote:
Etherfish: And what if there are natural forces that appear random to us, but their true nature is not chronological? In other words, we think time is a straight line. but what if it is shaped like a maze, and you can see through to other parts of the maze sometimes?

I hold this same view, but what if instead of a maze it's circular, as the Mayan Culture, and particularly Hermes Trigimegistus/Thoth pointed out that "time travels in stange circles" in one of his tablets entitled "The Key of Time". So what if he meant that time travels on the outside of strange circles meaning chakras?

And what if the secret of violating time or harnessing the power of a black hole (via gravitational weight) is within the concentrical value of all of these chakras combined. In other words, not viewing the chakras in a straight line,(up and down)within the body, but as a single circle (flower), as if we're looking down on these charkras - one atop the other - as illustrated by this Yantra:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ruct.svg.png

In other words, instead of fighting gravity, by lifting the kundalini energy up vertically - sushumna nadi we simply use the Ida and Pingala current and spiral them around the outside of the chakras - which causes them to spin - until this sexually charged energy ends up at the throat. (As in the Tantra System):

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm

And once we feel the current at the throat we just use what Hermes calls a "charged word" or one of yogani's sutras, such as "abundance" and drop this vibration within the sushmuna.

Kind of like picking up a seed at the base (sexual energy), causing it to grow from the light of the sun and gravititational pull of the moon (Ida/Pingala - circadian rhythm of night and day) - charging it with life - (sutra) and letting it drop within the sushuma - which is referred to the "destroyer of time" or "neutral space" where the projection of say the word abundance is sort of dematerialized to it's essential vibrational form and brought into physical manifestation.

Earth - Sexual essence
Air - Breath
Fire (sun) - Ida
Water (moon) - Pingala
Ether - vibration, the basis of all manifestation (form).

I haven't had time to try this, but thought it was an interesting theory to share concerning time - that was borrowed from other traditions. And also I'm not a hundred percent on all of the combinations. So I'll just have to experiment more.

Anyway, it's like another form of cosmic samyama and there is a lot more to this, but the post is long enough.

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Nov 15 2008 02:42:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  05:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
VIL, thank you for a beautiful post! I'm vibrating all over here in recognition!
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  9:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad it resonated with you, emc.

It's a theory at this point, so we'll see what unfolds in the future.

Take care:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  10:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
vil,
i dont know much about what you speak of so until i experience some fo that i am left scratching my head
i am
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  03:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Sh#$ VIL....awesome post. This resonates deeply within me and I feel like I want to add on, but I can't find the words yet. Maybe I never will. Deep post and I like it.

Love,
Carson

Maybe it's like viewing life from the perspective of the 4rth dimension instead of seeing everything as 3 dimensions.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 16 2008 05:14:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  3:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
time IS the fourth dimension.
the dimensions of physical objects are length, width, depth, and duration.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  8:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
vil,
i dont know much about what you speak of so until i experience some fo that i am left scratching my head
i am
brother neil

I sometimes have that affect on people. It's my greatest gift and curse:

quote:
Holy Sh#$ VIL....awesome post. This resonates deeply within me and I feel like I want to add on, but I can't find the words yet. Maybe I never will. Deep post and I like it.

Love,
Carson

Maybe it's like viewing life from the perspective of the 4rth dimension instead of seeing everything as 3 dimensions.

Thanks for your imput, Carson. Yeah, I look at it like that exactly. So I took what you said and also Etherfish and this lead me to new understanding. Etherfish is talking about the fourth dimension based on time and you're talking about it based on space.

So we're talking about seeing/creating the future from the immeasurable (timeless)dream world and affecting the measurable (time bound)physical world. Bridging the gap from the physical, mental and dream.

Anyway, I'm working on a system that will combine the physical, mental, dream and connect them in one fluid motion or sorts. I haven't got it all figured out yet. But I'll share once I contemplate and learn more.

This is a gross illustration of what I was talking about concerning dropping within sushumna (bindu) from a manifestation standpoint and not from a piercing the chakras perspective. Kind of like a tornado analogy of bypassing the negative outershell of the chakra and dropping a positively charged word/sutra within. Anyway, it's just a representation on a dry medium, in relation to sound only:

http://www.naturalnews.com/023380.html

(check out the other videos and the affects of sound on other mediums, it's really interesting).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymatics

So if it leads nowhere at least we can share knowledge. Why not? Maybe we'll learn something profound from each other. That's the way I look at it, since there has to be a way to do this in practice - and it's just that we are unaware of how it works in its entirety.

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Nov 16 2008 10:03:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  09:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes i have gotten precognition from dreams a few times in the past. More often than that i have felt deja vu, which seems similar but slightly different.

The question about this experience is what is it for? Because honestly, the events that occurred were mundane and of no real significance. It just leaves you wondering about the nature of space and time more than anything else.

I suppose when meditation is practiced regularly and you enter dreamy states but stay awake some of these visions of the future occur more often in people predisposed to having this experience.

Another experience i had was like looking through a kind of telescope at a scene of my mother while i was driving away on holiday. Perhaps this is like remote viewing?

And again, i have woken up in the morning and thought i was looking through my closed eyelids at my bedroom scenery. This is the odd thing though - when i was lying on my back i thought i saw the objects in my room; whereas lying on my front i thought i was looking through my pillow to the sheet underneath where i could discern a little dirt mark or something but when i came to and lifted up the pillow to reality test, there was no mark where i had "seen" it.

Is it possible that this dream like vision is an imitation of the physical world but only in my head? I have read of accounts of OBEs and NDEs where people report experiences that contradict the idea they are outside of their body because of objects or people etc that are not in the same physical space.

It is either that or my psychic "sight" is very poorly developed.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well.

“The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion”

Albert Einstein.

Look into the experiment that started Quantum physics.
Read a book called Everything Forever 'Learning to see Timelessness' by Gevin Giorbran.
Get in touch with self inquiry.
Tap into some of Mooji's videos.

and in NLP terms 'perception is projection'.

Then see if it all makes some kind of sense.

Go to Top of Page

samara

Iceland
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit samara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody here talked about time being the forth dimension. This gave me an inspiration in the context of precognition. Let me see if I can explain in words.
According to traditional science, the four dimensions are length, width, heigh and time. But this is seen from a totally material standpoint, not a spiritual one. I have had my share of dreaming actual situations in detail, usually around 3-4 months before they happened. These situations were always unusual and important to my life. They were loaded with energy. So in the web of consciousness you could imagine them as brightly glowing points. Not the usual daily stuff.

I am a 3D art hobbyist, among other things, so I have thought a lot about the forth dimension. My conclusion (so far) is as follows: You can have a static flat image which still shows 3 dimensions, that is height, width and depth. This is because our eyes and brain have the capability to interpret it as 3 dimensional, even though it reality it is only 2 dimensional. If you want to add the 4th dimension, you can set up a sequence of static images and add time. Then you have a movie. So far so good.

But the only way for us to know the fourth dimensional effect of the movie, is to watch the whole thing, that is, image after image in a right sequence. So by watching all these static 2D images, you suddenly have a story. Again it is our brain that interprets things that way. So it isn´t until after we have seen the whole sequence of 2D images that we know what the movie is about. Then in our memory we can rerun it bit by bit or alternatively simply know it as a whole, as ONE.

It happens to me sometimes, in deep meditation, that I get "flashes of inspiration". It is like in one instant I suddenly "understand" something. There is no time or delay involved. It is like receiving a big data chunk to use computer terminology. This is what I conceive of as being in contact with the 4th dimensional self. It seems to be a part of us which exists in timelessness. A part which sees no difference between past, present and future. It is all the same. So when I receive information this way, it can take an hour to explain it to another person. And sometimes an hour is not even enough. It is like a bigger part of the whole than our usual thoughts. Some people refer to this as intuition or inspiration.

So according to this, my idea of the fourth dimension is not time, but timelessness. Or maybe, all time seen as ONE. The whole movie we happen to be starring in.

In regard to precognition, I understand it as people getting a glimpse of timelessness/all time. Then you can see how things look and if you like, you can live them, or alternatively, you can change them. Then the whole of who you are changes accordingly, because nothing in this universe is static. Everything is evolving, including us. Our lifes are not a script to be followed, they are simply a reflection of who we are. As we evolve, so will our experiences. How about that?
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi samara

I thought you might be interested in reading this lesson, if you haven't already, it talks about the other dimension we are tuning into during meditation..

http://www.aypsite.org/36.html

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

samara

Iceland
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  10:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit samara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan,
There are many different schools that have slightly different methods of numbering the dimensions. Typically they talk about different bodies relating to each dimension. So in this case I was referring to what is often called the fourth dimensional Causal body, not the fifth dimensional Buddic body which is also known as "the Bliss body". Or maybe I am confused.

Anyway, I was just trying to share my experience and my take on premonition. I have had them in dreams since childhood, but far less since meditation became a part of my life. Guess I am less prone to surprises now

Lot´s of people who have never meditated dream their future, in more or less detail. Others simply "know" something is about to happen. We are all constantly moving from one state to another.

Peace and love,
Samara
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  06:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, thanks for sharing..

Peace and Love!!
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Samara,

You spoke about getting a kind of flooding of intuitional "data". I think i know what this means or is like. When i meditated once i got visuals of myself doing something practical in my life as if i was being shown solutions to problems or having guidance, and the visuals were incredibly rapid and seemed psychadelic in colours. Are you familiar with this kind of thing?

Also, about intuition again - have you ever heard a still small voice within almost kind of speaking or "whispering" to you, and it seemed masculine or with a deep resonance?

Anf finally, what about hearing voices that seem to come from outside of you that could be living people's minds or dead people's minds?

I believe all these experiences of intuition come from God and i get the unmistakable "knowing" that it it is a "higher self" - which means, it comes from "outside" me and it IS me at the same time. Does that make any sense to you?
Go to Top of Page

samara

Iceland
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  9:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit samara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gumpi.

Yes, the intuition data seems to be pretty compressed. It comes like in a flash and then you simply understand something you may have been wondering about before. It makes sense, and it works. Sometimes this includes problem solving, sometimes this gives me a deeper insight into reality. But no colors. I think some people are more tuned into colors than others, I rarely see them.

I can sort of sense a quiet voice, but I don´t really hear it. It is more in the mind. So there is no resonance I can detect, very neutral, neither masculine nor feminine.

I have only on one occasion heard a voice that sounded like it was outside of me. I was driving alone one night, had recently got my drivers license. I stopped at an intersection and looked to the left and saw a car which was about to turn right, so I got ready to drive across. Then suddenly I could hear a loud voice that shouted: Careful! I automatically hit the brake, and a split second later, a car I had not seen, came speeding by. I instinctively looked over my shoulder to see who said that, but the back seat was empty! This second car had been hidden from sight behind the other car, and it had been impossible to see. This voice saved my life that night. I am very grateful to whoever it was. It was definitely a strong male voice.

This feeling of something coming both from the outside and the inside at the same time, is very familiar to me. I am not religious, but I do believe we are all ONE in some inexplicable way. Our consciousness is woven together and maybe it does not matter if it is me or somebody else or all as ONE. Makes me humble to think that maybe my ideas are not really mine, all I did was to tap from the collective pool of ideas. I kind of like it that way.

Edited by - samara on Jul 31 2009 11:35:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samara

So according to this, my idea of the fourth dimension is not time, but timelessness. Or maybe, all time seen as ONE. The whole movie we happen to be starring in.

Read Everything Forever-How to see Timelessness by Gevin Giobran.It goes even further than your ideas and is the first book I have read that combines Sprituality with Physics.

Thats one small step on the ladder of realising the truth.

For instance, you have to create a concept called 'time' or 'energy' or 'gravity' before they can become. Go and try and find gravity and you will be faced by the results of gravity and not what gravity is, like all good concept it defies any investigation.

The only way you can know about gravity is to be aware of it.
How are 'you' aware of it?
How did you know what to do in the face of this un named force?
You felt a concept, but where does that concept come from ?
Where does the concept that your heart will beat, or that you exist come from ?

"you think thats air your breathing"

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  2:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting topic.

Origin of the word "time":
bef. 900; (n.) ME; OE tîma; c. ON tîmi; (v.) ME timen to arrange a time, deriv. of the n.; akin to tide

Timeless being breathing. The illusory appearance of being in time. What can be measured in this?

When and where does past, present and future reside? Even holding a concept of now will never grasp the eternal.

Thanks for sharing your time

Edited by - Balance on Jul 30 2009 2:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

samara

Iceland
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  8:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit samara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was reading the other day what the the old Norse mythology says about time. There is this very important and central tree Yggdrasil (the spine?). There are three norns (magical females) who water the tree each day to keep it alive. Their names are Urdur, Verdandi and Skuld, and they are said to represent past, present and future. What is interesting is the meaning of their names: Urdur (what one has become), Verdandi (what one is becoming) and Skuld (debt). Yes, it is debt, like in karmic debt. So according to this, the future is you debt. When you have paid your debt you are free from time. If you know your debt, you know your future. Sounds pretty much the same as Eastern philosophy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000