Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Most Holy Trinosophia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  09:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I thought this was an interesting writing of symbolism, and liked the interpretation from this author who compared it to yoga and kundalini. Anyway, it's from The Comte de St. Germain:

quote:
"Forty columns of fire ornamented the hall in which I found myself. One side of the columns shone with a white and vivid fire, the other side seemed to be in shadow; a blackish flame covered it. In the center of this place stood an altar in the form of a serpent. A greenish gold embellished its diapered scales in which the surrounding flames were reflected. Its eyes looked like rubies. A silvery inscription was placed near it and a rich sword had been driven into the ground near the serpent, on whose head rested a cup . . . I heard the choir of the celestial spirits and a voice said to me: "The end of thy labours draws near. Take the sword and smite the serpent."

I drew the sword from its sheath and approaching the altar I took the cup with one hand and with the other I struck a terrific blow upon the neck of the serpent. The sword rebounded and the blow re-echoed as if I had struck on a brass bell. No sooner had I obeyed the voice than the altar disappeared and the columns vanished in boundless space. The sound which I had heard when striking the altar repeated itself as if a thousand blows had been struck at the same time. A hand seized me by the hair and lifted me toward the vault which opened to let me through. Shadowy phantoms appeared before me—Hydras, Lamias and serpents surrounded me. The sight of the sword in my hand scattered the foul throng even as the first rays of light dissipate the frail dream-children of the night. After mounting straight upward through the layers that composed the walls of the globe, I saw again the light of day."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/mht/mht07.htm

Commentary on the above allegory:

quote:
"Here is the serpent of the astral light, which, according to Eliphas Levi, is twined around every flower that grows in the garden of Kama, or desire. The yogi in his meditation knows well the meaning of the House of Fire and the serpent which guards it. Here the candidate discovers the significance of the Universal Fire-Spirit which, turned downward, is the root of all evil, but if it be lifted up, draws all men to wisdom. The serpent-fire must be overcome. The sword is at hand, and with it the candidate strikes at the brazen coils. Brass is the composite metal symbolic of the body of man, before it is reduced by philosophy to its simple elements.

The Lord of the Fire World is vanquished. The senses are controlled; the appetites are under the iron dominion of the will. Anger, hate, and pride have been exiled from the soul. The three fires of illusion have died out. The whole mirage of the astral light fades amidst a terrifying outburst of sound and color. The candidate is lifted through the Arches of the underworld. He passes quickly through the monsters that dwell on the boundaries of excess. The cruciform sword scatters the foul throng of darkness. Upward and upward, through the numerous layers of the globe (the orbits of the interior stars) the neophyte rises, after his three days (degrees) in the darkness of Hades. The stone is rolled away, and at last, with a burst of glory, he rises into the light of day—the air sphere where dwells the mind which must be conquered next."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/mht/mht16.htm

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Nov 11 2008 09:10:30 AM

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  10:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  10:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adding to EVIL's posting on Trinosophia:

quote:
... he holds up his right arm towards me, and in the palm of his uplifted hand I see 3 disks. They appear the color of chocolate.

You know very well what chocolate Exlax looks like, don't you? What then is the obvious interpretation of Trinosophia?

How could I have missed this and have been so incredibly stupid?

newpov
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  12:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More examination of Trinosophia............

An accomplished yogi told me once that he doesn't put stock in dreams.

When I started psychoanalysis, I began to examine for clues about identity and emotional dynamics in my dreams because for years I've been governed by subconscious functioning well beyond my control.

My posted dream of standing in the doorway of a tomb tells me today that having entered the consulting room of psychoanalysis was a bullsh*t move. My 3 disks were 3 digits used once daily, as everyone knows, in well known manner for well known purpose. .

This dream has turned out to be one hell of an examination!

As Shanti wrote me back in September, "The best thing you can do is meditate like you brush your teeth. You just do it twice a day and forget about it. Don't try to get it with your mind. You will only get more frustrated." My emphasis added, my joke!

Seriously, I had thought truth or improved life functioning was to be found by combating delusions and illusions through ongoing work in a process that welcomes these things into consciousness and "works through" these things there. A well intentioned and highly conscientious undertaking, perhaps, but as I see matters now, an absurdity.

Too bad I've wasted so much time... looking under the hood the wrong way......

newpov
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  12:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by newpov

More examination of Trinosophia............

An accomplished yogi told me once that he doesn't put stock in dreams.

When I started psychoanalysis, I began to examine for clues about identity and emotional dynamics in my dreams because for years I've been governed by subconscious functioning well beyond my control.

My posted dream of standing in the doorway of a tomb tells me today that having entered the consulting room of psychoanalysis was a bullsh*t move. My 3 disks were 3 digits used once daily, as everyone knows, in well known manner for well known purpose. .

This dream has turned out to be one hell of an examination!

As Shanti wrote me back in September, "The best thing you can do is meditate like you brush your teeth. You just do it twice a day and forget about it. Don't try to get it with your mind. You will only get more frustrated." My emphasis added, my joke!

Seriously, I had thought truth or improved life functioning was to be found by combating delusions and illusions through ongoing work in a process that welcomes these things into consciousness and "works through" these things there. A well intentioned and highly conscientious undertaking, perhaps, but as I see matters now, an absurdity.

Too bad I've wasted so much time... looking under the hood the wrong way......

newpov

Having questions is good Newpov, just trying to answer them with your mind can be frustrating. You found your answer.. not the way your mind thought it should be.. but the way that was right for you. No time is ever wasted.. every moment is how it is supposed to be.. even if we don't like it.. every moment is exactly as it is.. what you think as time wasted.. was very much required to get you to this moment. People can tell you millions of things.. books can give you lots of knowledge.. but the knowing will flow in silence... and the knowing can only come from within you.. beyond the mind.

I am very happy for you.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 11 2008 12:51:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  7:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
newpov: Adding to EVIL's posting on Trinosophia:

Of course when you mentioned EVIL you really didn't mean me, but meant this:

http://www.eesar.com/images/Stones/S206-C100.gif

Actually, the gem stone is inscribed arabic calligraphy (Ya Baha'u'l-Abha), which means: "O Glory of the All Glorious", and is associated with Baha'u'llah (founder of the Bahai Religion). My screen name is coincidental, since it's based, in part, on my last name. But since you mentioned my name I figured I might as well get as much glory out of it as possible. Why not?: LOL

VIL

* Now you too can have VIL in your pocket for the low price of 49.99!

(It's good to have a sense of humor).

Edited by - VIL on Nov 11 2008 11:14:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000