New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Ever wondered what enlightenment is? Check these guys out:

Adyashanti:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=jLQD90Las5c

Kalki Bagavan:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRIndmiKyU

Siva Baba:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hM6...ture=related

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 24 2008 05:59:42 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  11:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man I hate that I can't watch youtube videos on any of my computers. What a drag. haha.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  5:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adyashanti's description is great.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  5:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enlightenment is knowing all is one. Is that simple. All is spirit and we are part of it. We are not "a part" (or "apart"), we ARE it, as everything else is.

Knowing this you are free from fear. It is that simple and it is knowable right now.

If you are having problems with this go outside and feel the wind. Look at the sky, the clouds, the stars. Can you feel the presence, the movement of all in it? That is spirit and that is you as well.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
quote:
Man I hate that I can't watch youtube videos on any of my computers. What a drag. haha.

Love,
Carson

That's a shame. All the rest of us will be able to watch these videos and get enlightened, and you'll just have to keep on meditating.

Christi

p.s. How many computers have you got? And why don't you sell them all and buy a decent one that plays vids?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  12:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

And just when you thought enlightenment was simple! Here is that beautiful man: Mooji

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=PePJGMiR1E0&NR=1

and again:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS_wPeDxDQ

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 24 2008 12:12:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I have three computers...One is a MacG4 which is running OS9.2.2 because of the ProTools software I use for recording audio(bands) and it doesn't get many websites due to the old Internet Explorer software available for 9.2, then I have a PC laptop which my wife recently trashed by visiting some crappy sites which gave us over 700 viruses and makes it so I can use that computer for maybe 3 minutes at a time before it crashes, and then my third computer is my work computer which has a very complex "smartfilter" on it (I work for General Electric) which blocks stuff like youtube, facebook etc. I wish I had the money to get a new computer, and I wish I could sell the G4 for what it is worth (well over $7000 worth of software and upgrades) but I probably would maybe get a third of that which just hurts. I guess for now you're right.....I'm stuck with meditation. Damn.
Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 24 2008 12:31:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  5:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

quote:
I guess for now you're right.....I'm stuck with meditation. Damn.

You are blessed also
There is always grace.

The fact that there is no YouTube for you..........leaves only You.....right?

Rest in that then
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  5:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine...I've been missing your presence on here the past week or so. Glad to have you back.... You are right, I am very blessed...Please do not take my above postings as complaining...it isn't. I am fine with the fact that I have so much yet so little, and I am okay with the fact that I can't watch youtube videos. I am happy with just me. I will rest in that you can bet!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Mooji is awesome, thanks Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  6:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson
Glad to be back

quote:
Please do not take my above postings as complaining...it isn't.

No, no, .....not at all...I took it as Bhakti.....and my heart just....posted.

Sometimes ...it is difficult to just write.....you miss the expression ....

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  12:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
enlightenment means you get to sit in very nice chairs, wear very nice clothes, have big ashrams built in your name, have people kiss your feet, charge $600 for a two day retreat, and you also get a big fancy name like babbishricahpamecjajrjeja biehea cheakjkdklb. THen you get to name others, teach them how to heal, how to conduct weekend retreats, teach them how to market, etc... OR MAYBE, enlightemnt means you realize that God does not cost $6.2 quatrillion dollars and that the books should sell for a reasonable price without anyone worshipping your picture, if you choose to write books at all. Or maybe enlightenment is me realizing how judgemental i have been and how judgmental this post is that i am making. or maybe when i am farting i will realize, 'i am here, the time is now, and i am farting, this fart may leave this space but we will always be connected for it is always the part of i am, because i am that, and that is me, even if i am a stinky fart"

Non enlightenment, If I punch you in the eye you may ask "why did you do that" this would be living in the past
enlightenment= I punch you in the eye and you say "my eye feels sore" in this case you are living in the now.
SO
Next time you see someone living in tha past or future, punch them in the eye, then they will become present, if only for a moment. But be careful when trying this technique for they may decide to make you feel the presence of being present as well. Actually dont be careful, because by doing so you are thinking of the future. So go out and put people in the present, you will be an elightened being for it. SO now that I have told you what is enlightenment, next question?

see now you have failed again, you where thinking of the next quesiton werent you. That is not being present, because present has no questions

we are that
signed, Swami yabbadhaboashrieabeoafheoanveuaodvahndandfoburoeugpahlfluguileutoiw hgljboieuthelk

p.s. if you do decide you must ask a next question, I ecpect you to call me by name,if you cannot pronounce it i will not answer your quesiton

*lawyers note, above poster, tubeseeker, or bettter NOW, because here and now is what we are, so he is NOW known as Swami yabbadhaboashrieabeoafheoanveuaodvahndandfoburoeugpahlfluguile u toiwhgljboieuthelk was joking in the above post about punching peaple in the eye and should be replaced by a purple nurple (also known as titty twister) for males, or a "Look, I got your nose" to females, and only if you know those people well enough that no criminal action would ensue partaking in such event. Also should be noted that he is in a rmabling mood after having an iced Chai soy latte, which may inhibit his silence or inner purifaction, however he will stick to the practice and do his second of twice daily sitting routines in about an hour or so. He has witnessed what the Chai soy latte does and while it tastes really good he chooses not to partake in these a whole lot, because while they are not good or bad, because that would be living in duality and when the veil is lifted we are all united/nonduality. even though the chai soy latte he actually prefers grapes. To the enlgihtened masters, he does not mean to make light of enlightenment, but then enlightenment does have light in it and that is what he is trying to express. He loves the true gurus, and all the world is a guru if seen clearly. He still claims to be love, peace and joy, even if he has had too many chai soy lattes (which for him is one) it is just now that he is acting childish and taking litterally the quote, "come to god as a child" so he hopes god is laughing, cause god is laughter right? His witness is still here, he is just witnessing a state of caffeine/sugar buzz. after cleansing his system by doing multiple pracices, including drinking pee as recomended by the one and only Mr. Yogani, the caffeine and sugar seem to have a little extra kick. If anyone is confused, ask brothe carson to sort it out.
thank you and I appreciate you understanding that swami yabbadhaboashrieabeoafheoanveuaodvahndandfoburoeugpahlfluguileutoiwhgljboieuthelk will not be available after the show, i mean lecture, but you can put donations in the Golden vault.
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  04:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbD...ture=related
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  06:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HAHAHA Puppetji is great! HAHAHAHAHA
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  12:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

quote:
Wow Mooji is awesome, thanks Christi.

I've never met him, but friends of mine have, and they say he is really a wonderful man. I'd love to meet him one day.
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  6:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi all,
Ever wondered what enlightenment is? Check these guys out:
Adyashanti:http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=jLQD90Las5c
Kalki Bagavan:http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRIndmiKyU
Siva Baba:http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hM6...ture=related
Christi

Hey Christi,
What I'd really like to see is a youtube video of you speaking. You are atleast as enlightened as all those guys put together. If you deny you're enlightened, that's actually, proof that you are. (These guys who imply that they are,...are not.)

Anyhow,I'd love to see your video, complete with ponytail, handlebar moustache, etc and all that stuff that makes you you.
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 29 2008 6:48:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  04:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi x.j.

I'll start growing my beard ready for the TV cameras. And I must remember to get one of those really big chairs. I'll let you know when I'm on Youtube.

But seriously though, I think it is time to end all that stuff about people who are really enlightened never saying they are. Or even elude to the fact that they might be. Let them! It doesn't need to be some massive secret. And if it means they can sit there and say "yes I'm enlightened, and it's like this, and it's like this..." all the better.

Christi

quote:
Hey Christi,
What I'd really like to see is a youtube video of you speaking. You are atleast as enlightened as all those guys put together. If you deny you're enlightened, that's actually, proof that you are. (These guys who imply that they are,...are not.)

Anyhow,I'd love to see your video, complete with ponytail, handlebar moustache, etc and all that stuff that makes you you.
x.j.

Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  12:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Not to belabor the point, but "enlightenment" is the holy grail and the emperor's new clothes on the contemplative path.

These guys are no more enlightened nor less enlightened than you are Christi. Let them imply they are the expert, and that they understand all the answers to life's eternal questions, and smile knowingly, but don't be too overly impressed or schmoozed by their assertions. Humility might be an accurate guide as to who is truly able to be free of the egoic filter. The "filter" that allows us to survive in the world for now. And to sit infront of a group of people or a videorecorder and let everyone know how wonderful they are sounds darn egoic to me. Frankly, none of them had any practical suggestions but then again, there's no need for any suggestions, because we are "there" already. So what's the fuss? Do you see how circular this is? It's a case of the Emperor's new clothes indeed!
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 30 2008 1:17:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  03:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Christi,
Not to belabor the point, but "enlightenment" is the holy grail and the emperor's new clothes on the contemplative path.

These guys are no more enlightened nor less enlightened than you are Christi. Let them imply they are the expert, and that they understand all the answers to life's eternal questions, and smile knowingly, but don't be too overly impressed or schmoozed by their assertions. Humility might be an accurate guide as to who is truly able to be free of the egoic filter. The "filter" that allows us to survive in the world for now. And to sit infront of a group of people or a videorecorder and let everyone know how wonderful they are sounds darn egoic to me. Frankly, none of them had any practical suggestions but then again, there's no need for any suggestions, because we are "there" already. So what's the fuss? Do you see how circular this is? It's a case of the Emperor's new clothes indeed!
x.j.

Hi x.j.

Don't worry about laboring the point. I started this thread on enlightenment, and many people will be thinking the exact same thoughts as you.

Imagine you are enlightened... you are living in a permanent state of euphoria, and your heart is overflowing with joy and love. The world appears to you as a dance of divine light and as paradise. But... and here comes the crunch... although all the people living around you appear to be nothing other than creations of divine light and beauty, and appear as your own true Self, when they start talking it becomes immediately obvious that they can't see it. In fact they are so blind to their own real nature as joy and love, that they are living in a state of confusion and misery.

So here comes the big question... what are you going to do? Do you say something? As soon as you start teaching about spiritual matters people are going to damn you. They will say that you are deluded, that you are seeking attention, and that the very act of teaching about enlightenment is an act of egoism.

Now I'm not saying that everyone who teaches about enlightenment is enlightened... far from it. Obviously there are many people who think they are enlightened and who are not, and are in fact deluded. But what I am saying is that teaching about enlightenment, and making it clear that what you are teaching about is the actual experience that you are living, is not in itself an egoic act. If it is done in honesty then it is an act of compassion, and a demonstration of the transcendence of identity with egoic consciousness. Put simply, it is not possible to talk about enlightenment from your own experience, if you have not already transcended the limitations of the ego.

Likewise, appearing on a video talking about enlightenment in and of itself does not say anything about the level of humility of the person being filmed. A saint could talk about enlightenment (even in front of a camera) whilst remaining completely humble.

It is true that all the people in the videos above do not have any practical suggestions to offer in those videos. But then they are talking about what enlightenment is like when it is directly experienced. Adyashanti and Sri Baghavan (Kalki) do teach practical methods for becoming enlightened, and they both run meditation retreats.

Mooji on the other hand only teaches pure advaita. It is a method of teaching suitable for people who are just about to wake up... when their heart is so pure, that simply a glance, or a word spoken by their teacher is enough to bring them into the kingdom of heaven.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 31 2008 05:09:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and all

quote:
So here comes the big question... what are you going to do? Do you say something?

Somehow.....you don't need to decide on that.......?

That is what we are identified with too much in the first place, no? If you really see that you are not the doer......then what is there to decide other than letting life unfold itself......like everything else is already unfolding?

If we don't interfere, it will always be ok.

It is spontanious and free flowing. It manifests itself effortlessly. Sometimes it speaks. Sometimes it doesn't.

It may not look or sound ok to others.....but then, everything is relative in the realm of the mind, no?

Who am I to judge That......

Just to be available......in any way Life sees fit.....is Joy.

And Joy is contagious
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  05:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
Imagine you are enlightened... you are living in a permanent state of euphoria, and your heart is overflowing with joy and love. The world appears to you as a dance of divine light and as paradise.
Mooji on the other hand only teaches pure advaita. It is a method of teaching suitable for people who are just about to wake up... when their heart is so pure, that simply a glance, or a word spoken by their teacher is enough to bring them into the kingdom of heaven.
Christi

Dear Christi,
I am a simple minded and practical man. And my contemplative practices have honed intuition. Third Eye, if you will. And watching the videos of these new age gurus, these guys, don't excite me, don't resonate with me, theres no thrill at all for me in listening to them. I keep thinking to myself as I watch each of them, that they are patronizing and condescending sounding. They appear just as any normal acquaintance on the street to me. So to me, they are ordinary. I don't revere them or feel they are special in any way at all. They seem pompous.
But your words Christi, here on the forums, do resonate with me. And Yogani's system does resonate with me. I don't care much for the cliche called enlightenment. It's hackneyed and obsolete speaking only for myself.It's a cliche that makes one feel inadequate and mediocre. It's a put down.

Let's talk transformation and evolution. That's where we are headed. And the tools we will find very useful, are right here in the lessons. But these guys you think are so charming, as enlightened beings, are just regular ordinary guys Christi. Guys that think they're special. That's what I see here. I just think you are fooling yourself on that score. That's based on intuition. You don't need them for anything. You don't need to give them money to buy their books or attend their seminars. Just keep up all that you are doing already. That is all any of us needs to do. But life is too short to yearn for enlightenment. To hell with that. Just sit on your cushion and thank your lucky stars that you are alive, and that we are together for a little time, to help one another.
I hope I make this clear, for the record.
in service,
x.j.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

I am sure you are right! But I had thought that even enlightened people could make decisions about what to do, and even change their minds at a later date. :)
I got this impression from reading the life story of the Buddha. After he reached enlightenment sitting under the tree, he sat there for 6 weeks simply enjoying the bliss of enlightenment. At first he thought that there was no point in trying to communicate what he had discovered with anyone, as it was so subtle, and so dificult to understand that nobody in the world would be able to get it. Then after 6 weeks it occured to him that there may be some people who could understand, and he should go and find them and teach what he had found.
So he must have thought about something, came to a decision, then changed his mind after giving the matter some more thought.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  11:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi x.j.
quote:
But your words Christi, here on the forums, do resonate with me.

It is very kind of you to say so.
quote:
But these guys you think are so charming, as enlightened beings, are just regular ordinary guys Christi. Guys that think they're special. That's what I see here. I just think you are fooling yourself on that score. That's based on intuition. You don't need them for anything. You don't need to give them money to buy their books or attend their seminars. Just keep up all that you are doing already. That is all any of us needs to do.

I do appreciate the advice. Just to mention, I did not actually sat that I thought the guys in the videos were all enlightened. They might be, or they might not :) I love them anyway.

Everyone resonates differently with different teachers, and everyone has a different intuitive sense. It is good that you follow yours. Personally I love the teachings of Adyashanti and benefit greatly by reading his work. I think he is doing an incredible job of making spiritual teachings from the east accessible to people in the west.
My intuition tells me that Mooji is a genuine teacher and I hope to attend one of his satsangs in India in January.
quote:
Let's talk transformation and evolution. That's where we are headed. And the tools we will find very useful, are right here in the lessons.

Of course it is possible to do that, and that is exactly what most spiritual teachers do. They simply avoid the enlightenment issue altogether and don’t speak about it. I think both approaches are valid and each has its advantages. Of course the big advantage of avoiding the issue completely is that nobody can say to you: “You say that you are enlightened but last night I saw you... etc.” and then lay their personal trip on you about what they think an enlightened person should or should not be doing. So it has practical defensive purposes.

The big advantage in being open is that you can then say to people: “Yes I am enlightened, and it’s fantastic, and if you take up spiritual practices then you too can find out what it is like”. So it has practical teaching purposes.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  12:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
But I had thought that even enlightened people could make decisions about what to do, and even change their minds at a later date. :)

Yes, I am sure you are right. Plans will still be made. And unmade.
Maybe both are true?
It was more the nature of the question...."what to do?"....it indicates that the answer is not ready until it is.

You can move along the inner spontanious guidance. And at the same time there will be things to decide. But if you first have a question of "what to do?".....then the question can be released in silence...like Samyama.....and the answer will be the way you are moved next. That is what I meant......that the mind will not make the decision. Silence will.....there will be signs......things will fall into place naturally. And then mind can speak about it when integration has happened.

Integration........ 6 weeks for Buddha.....to integrate his primal enlightenment......gosh.....that is so little time.....to assimilate the vastness of it......and yet maybe it was the process of integration that made him "redecide" about teaching others.....
Maybe the integration deepened and broadened for the rest of his life and onwards....that he became more and more see through....

I don't know what it will be like for us. But the "not an end state" is very appealing.....it is free flowing....like life......and indicates that there will always be development and integration. I love that......it resonates.

I just watched Moji..................thank you, Christi, that was great! I find't him very straight forward, honest, ordinary...and most of all: Calm and alert. See the way he looks at you......he urges you to understand.....he wants nothing else but liberate you from the identification with mind. I also heard him say that "sometimes I wonder....is there a point...am I getting through to you" (or somthing to that extent) I don't find him pompous at all. I sense his warm heart and his eyes shines with love. I would love to meet him too. He is for the ripe, though. I agree completely. But sometimes.....ripeness comes when you least expect it. Some fruits ripen quicker too. And today....many are ripe already.....and those who are not, will hopefully find other teachers. If a teacher could see beyond ones own state.....and how one got there.....this would be very helpful. Then one could simply tell people - in honesty and with compassion - that their way might be different. To leave space for this possibility.....to be flexible like this......is very.....healing....

One can always evaluate later. How many that are exposed to a teachers teachings actually wake up? That will be the indication of the effect of the teaching.....

As for AYP......it is simply the greatest tool. Because it is suitable for everyone. There are so many possibilities with this practise....it is bound to fit many. It fits the ripe and the unripe, old and young....everybody has a guru within.....

And then one can always go see a live teacher too. Advaita is great in addition to AYP. AYP includes this understanding...that all is One.

This way - one gets both

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  08:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I got this impression from reading the life story of the Buddha.

Hi Christi,

I've been interested for a while now in reading the life story of the Buddha, is there a translation that you recommmend?

thanks,

A

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000