AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Divine Surrender
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A Divine Presence looks after each and every one of us, like a loving parent over a child.

Knowing the path for our emancipation, seeing what is best for our highest good and teaching without bias.

Speaking to us in the silence of our souls, showing us the way unerringly by using whatever means necessary, governed only by the tenderest empathy and understanding for our capacity to receive.

Once our truest intention is known with the willingness to act, the methods and means are laid beneath our feet.

Placing one foot in front of the other, we walk the way laid out for us with no need for object, knowledge or guide.

Surrendered upon the floating raft which carries us effortlessly down the river of life, we are taken back to the heart, our eternal home.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  4:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was beautiful, Andrew.

Thank you...
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  4:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Surrendered upon the floating raft which carries us effortlessly down the river of life, we are taken back to the heart, our eternal home.

Into the sea go all the rivers,
and yet the sea is never filled,
and still to their goal the rivers go.

-- Ecclesiastes 1:7

Yo Mama!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you for sharing these lovely words with us, they have outpouring divine love written all over them.

god bless you my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words. The post was inspired from reading Siddhartha which I recently just finished, I recommend it highly.

I should probably mention that the book was an inspiration for me, amongst many things, it helped me realize that all my seeking and thirst for knowledge and constant reading of spiritual literature blocked me from seeing the very thing I was seeking. This made for a deep letting go within which is very joyful.

The result is an abiding more in the heart center and the end of the phase of constant effort and striving for a future goal which doesn't exist in the now. So wonderfully peaceful is here and now.

I'm grateful Yogani recommended the book in a thread the other day, which is the whole reason I read it.

Edited by - Anthem on Oct 21 2008 1:55:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  2:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

....amongst many things, it helped me realize that all my seeking and thirst for knowledge and constant reading of spiritual literature blocked me from seeing the very thing I was seeking.

Hi Anthem,
Excellent...very happy for you. This weekend I did a little retreat and had basically the same realization I think you are describing here. I have always struggled with what my chosen ishta is and have spent many years reading up on every religion and religous figure out there, spent many years reading up on OTHER people's ishta's....but this weekend I realized that I am already living out God's plan for my life and that if I can just let go of all the things I have been striving for, all will be as it should be because God is in control. This realization and consequent letting go of my future helped me to realize what my ishta is. I have always used the word "God" very loosely and have had little to no attachment to the figure/idea or whatever. I always figured my chosen ishta was something non-religious like "Self Realization" but this weekends realization helped me to put an emotion(some bhakti) into this idea of "God". For the first time ever I sincerely prayed to "God" that He would use me for whatever he needed me for, as I am here to be His servant now. This is a bit of a revelation for me and it all started with the realization that letting go of these ideas of what or who "I" think I need to become and just trusting God that if I should be doing something else he will show me what that is. I don't know if this is a quote from someone else or if it just spontaneously came to me a few days ago, but this statement has been stuck in my head for a few days now....."Seek nothing but to cease seeking".

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

....."Seek nothing but to cease seeking".

Hi Carson,

Thanks for your post, happy to hear things are going well. When words like the above come spontaneously, it must be from the heart and we are well served to listen.

all the best,

A

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000