Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Breastfeeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  10:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I searched and didn't see anything in the archives. This doesn't apply to me now, but may someday--how does this practice work for a breastfeeding mom? In the beginning, the infant may be nursing nearly constantly. Is is safe to do the breathwork and meditation and everything else while nursing and/or pregnant? Or could it harm the baby somehow?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Lacinato.

I cannot see any reason why there should be any problems with practice and having a new born. They do take up a lot of your time, but you can always manage to find a few min twice a day to meditate. It may not be the most time structured practice, and the schedule may revolve around the time the baby sleeps etc... but it is doable.

One of the members in my group had twins (she is breast feeding them).. she would meditate while the babies slept.. that gave her a few mins of break to collect herself and keep going, even when things used to get really crazy. She had been trying to get pregnant for a second time for a while.. and she tells people... "Shanti helped me get pregnant".. .. he he.. well.. I introduced her to meditation.. and she claims that meditation helped her calm down enough to carry her pregnancy thru term.

There have been some discussion at the forum on this here.
Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 18 2008 09:37:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  09:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe it will add a little divine charge to the milk and the babies spiritual growth as well
we are love, light, and joy
we are one
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  09:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your response, that is great. I am not actually planning anything right now... But I like to be prepared well in advance! I do think that any baby would benefit greatly from a mother who centered herself daily, even if it was for a short time, less structured than normal.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  10:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the greatest benefit a child would have with a parent who meditates, is the example of living without stress. This has countless benefits throughout one's life including better interaction with others, living longer and enjoying life more.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  10:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lacinato

I do think that any baby would benefit greatly from a mother who centered herself daily, even if it was for a short time, less structured than normal.

Could not agree more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000