AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Dharana Darshan and the Ring of Fire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  01:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
With the Yoni Mudra practice, and only occuring in the morning meditation, a ring of fire shows up. I bet others out there wonder about what that is too. Happens like clockwork.

Oftentimes the gold ring is preceeded by the multicolored lights at Visshudhi chakra as awareness moves through there.

Here's the explanation according to Dharana Darshan. On page 49 it says the following:

"Guna rahita akasha is the attributeless space. The final experience in this akasha, taken literally from the scriptures, is that 'in the morning a complete ring of sunlight or flame of fire is seen.' This description gives some idea of what guna rahita akasha is. It is seen that after one has passed through the experiences of the three spaces and beyond the conscious and subconscious level, the prajna purusha or prajna identity is perceived as a luminous body. A ring of fire or of sunlight, representing the luminous body, is beyond the known attributes of the manifest physical and mental dimensions. It is beyond the realm of the physical and mental gunas. Maintaining this vision or visual experience for an extended period is the experience of guna rahita akasha. The vision of prajna is not involuntary vision. It is voluntary vision. Just as we can imagine the image of a rose or any other object if we wish, in the same way this vision becomes a voluntary visual experience."

Comments anyone?
I would appreciate knowing how many of you have been there too.
thanks,
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 07 2008 12:47:02 AM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  04:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks x.j.

was prompted to look up Visshudi chakra after reading your account.

Vishuddhi Chakra
"The fifth chakra (Vishuddhi) is the chakra of diplomacy, of pure relationships with others, and of playful detachment. It removes all our guilt and remorse when it is opened by the Kundalini, and gives us a kind and compassionate voice. The tendencies to dominate others or to feel dominated by others, the feelings of superiority or inferiority and all jealousies are removed when this chakra is nourished by the Kundalini."

Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  12:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone else see the Golden Ring as described above?

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 08 2008 06:24:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes During YMK , Initially a Golden Yellow Ring gathers at the Center of the Eye Brow. This is followed by appearance of Bluish or Purple ring with faint light at the center in the later stages of Kumbhaka.
YMK sometimes leads to more activity at the Center of the Eye Brow during Deep Meditation with different color patterns . What I observe is Golden ring appears only during Morning Practice.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  10:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get a bigger, poorly defined white light which then turns into black dots with purple aura's (purple outlines). I always thought this was just some sort of entopic phenomenon though.
In Love,
CarsonZi
P.S. I guess I should mention that I sometimes get the black dots with purple outlines showing up at other times as well...in meditation, and out in regular life too.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 12 2008 10:36:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  04:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gold Yellow ring surrounding a disc of pitch black, with bindu, at center. Most easily seen with YMK in the early morning. At mid day, instead of a ring, there is a disc of gold-white sunlight.

Edited by - Neptune on Oct 16 2008 12:03:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  5:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste my friend,

the first time i saw it was in my ymk session but i've self paced from that practice it seems to be too much for now but will introduce it again soon.

nowadays i see this circle during my normal pranyama sessions in the morning, oh and my sister who isn't a yogi and is too lasy to do such stuff but loves to hear about them sees this circle without effort if she just closes and do sambhavi.

namaste, and it would be nice to hear more about the benefits of seeing that circle.

Edited by - Ananda on Oct 21 2008 5:22:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  5:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but just to point out something, you've said that it only occurs during the morning.

why is that and is it related to sleep or just to the when.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

namaste my friend,

the first time i saw it was in my ymk session but i've self paced from that practice it seems to be too much for now but will introduce it again soon.
nowadays i see this circle during my normal pranyama sessions in the morning. it would be nice to hear more about the benefits of seeing that circle.

Dear Ananda,
Thanks for commenting on this Ananda.
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 22 2008 6:26:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again my friend, i've asked my sister about seeing the circle at different times other then the morning and she said to me if she just do a little sambhavi then she would see it at night or at any time.

i'm just sharing this bcz up there in your post it's written that it's only seen at morning time and i personaly would've agreed with that cz this is what happens with me as well.

my main aim is could you offer some more explanations on the matter, like what is it good for and why is it that we only see it in the morning is; Is that related to sleep or to daylight?!!

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  02:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

hello again my friend, i've asked my sister about seeing the circle at different times other then the morning and she said to me if she just do a little sambhavi then she would see it at night or at any time.
i'm just sharing this bcz up there in your post it's written that it's only seen at morning time and i personaly would've agreed with that cz this is what happens with me as well.
my main aim is could you offer some more explanations on the matter, like what is it good for and why is it that we only see it in the morning.
Ananda

Hi Ananda,
Let's ask Christi. Care to share your thoughts on the ring of golden light, what it is, what it's for, etc, Christi? You always have a good handle on questions yogic.
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 27 2008 03:24:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  08:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi x.j. and Ananda.

All I can say is that I have seen two different "golden rings", one whilst practicing YMK and one whilst meditating. The one seen whilst practicing YMK was a golden ring on it's own. The one seen in meditation was the first of a series of "rings of light" that led off into the distance, forming a tunnel. There was a star at the end of the tunnel. I am really surprised that there is not a picture of this on the internet yet.

I believe that the first ring (the one that appears from the practice of YMK) is a visual effect caused by pressing gently on the eyelids whilst holding the breath. I believe that the second is a strange aspect of the sushumna nadi as it dissapears off towards heaven.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  02:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

hello again my friend,
my main aim is could you offer some more explanations on the matter, like what is it good for and why is it that we only see it in the morning is; Is that related to sleep or to daylight?!!
namaste my friend,
Ananda

Hi Ananda,
First, a thank you to Christi for his reply. (Incidentally, I am not speaking as an AYP yogi but as an independent one.) But as to your question Ananda, I have an answer for you:
First you ask regarding the golden ring, "what is it good for?"
The gold ring is the Spiritual Eye. By spinal breathing, we learn to concentrate the vital energy at Ajna. We have conscious control to move the prana and store more and more prana there, so that it gets stronger, and lights up. That's phase one. Spinal breathing is the way to do this. The book Pranayama Pranavidya explores how to do this by bringing up the prana in Pingala, leaving the charge of prana at the Third Eye, then leaving that there, and returning awareness and consciousness back down the Central Channel of Sushumna to Root Chakra, and again bringing the next charge of energy up Pingala all the way on up to Ajna. You go right out of Root Chakra and loop around to enter Second Chakra on it's right side, pass right through it to the left side and curve around and bring the energy up to the left and pierce Third Chakra from your left side, pass out the right side and swing the energy curving around to the right side of Anahata, entering that one and back out it's left side, swinging the energy up and into Throat Chakra from it's left side, out it';s right side and swinging the prana and awareness up along the right side, entering Third eye from it's right side. And then leaving the prana energy at Ajna, descend back down Central Channel to Root Chakra. By doing this repeatedly in a sitting, you learn to develop Ajna, really light it up. This phase takes weeks to months. Next step, learn to release the pranic charge residing at Ajna into the rest of the body on inhalation, and return it to Ajna on exhalation. Then focus on individual body parts. Do you have back ache? Learn to heal that body part with prana from Ajna. Learn to fill the right arm and hand with prana, to do healing. Develop awareness of your light body, etc. Learn to radiate spiritual energy out from ajna on inhalation, radiating Love in all directions to heal everyone in your town, your continent, the world.
In other words, the application of pranic development at Ajna is virtually limitless. Just think of the power of good and of love one can mobilize to help others if they can first develop Ajna. Sorry I have written too much. But the ramifications of the Golden Ring which is Ajna development are beyond fabulous. Bear in mind this is advanced practices and that I am not speaking about AYP core practices nor as an AYP yogi. We are talking about the culmination of yogic practices to help the world.
x.j.
post script: Don't try any of this at home. First priority is to develop the entire energetic system into equilibrium so that Ida and Pingala are perfectly balanced. Prior to that one needs to do basic spinal breathing/microcosmic orbit technique, maybe for years, because it is essential to get the frontal passage well developed. These are all my own research findings. I started doing spinal breathing up Central Channel Sushumna, and back down the frontal channel. For many months of practice. When that was developed, I began reversing the flow, so that energy goes up the frontal channel and down Central Channel. This has a totally different effect on energy development than the reverse direction. It is more nurturing to the entire body to be able to bring the energy down Sushumna and at each of the Chakras, feel the energy diffuse into the corresponding body part on the way down. When the energy is brought up Sushumna, it has more of an effect of lighting up each of the chakras for chakra development and opening the knots. But then later, to move the prana down the Sushumna has a more nurturing effect on the body part to which the particular chakra is a relay station for. Anyway, I believe it would be inappropriate to go right into Pingala/Sushumna loop technique, until everything is humming like a Farrari. So don't try any of this at home. Bottom line. But at least this gives you, Ananda, some idea of the ultimate potential that you have within you to help others and help yourself first, but this is a life time's work. Start with the basics and let your intuition be your guide as far as the long journey ahead. And may the force be with you,...and with all of us. i just want to convey hope, and imagination, as to our human potential, within the Milky Way Galaxy. We are "here" only to serve, simple as that.
In service,
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 29 2008 04:05:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
god bless you both christy and x.j., you have both given great examples it's such an honor to hear this kind of knowledge directly from practitioners on the path.

i bow to the divine in you.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  6:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is one gold ring/golden disc, seen clearly, either with yoni mudra or merely when meditating, and it is The Heart. That is my knowledge of it now. For this to be present, is a good sign that you are moving in the right direction in your practices. If you don't see this, then you will,(if you are going in the right direction) because it is universal to our nature.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  01:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi neptune, it's funny you should mention this post again bcz the vision of this circle has evolved with me as it seems.

i am seeing it now during both of my morning and night session but only during deep meditation and it seems to be appearing as a golden ring in the morning and a star during the evening pretty much like the one mentioned in the main lessons.

now concerning it's location i tend to think that it's perhaps horizontal to the third eye and not in the heart.

in the heart there's space plus waves of bliss (a living darkness) the good kind that is

namaste
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  02:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,

I started seeing the terrific golden ring sorrounding a black/violet core with a tiny silver "star" in the center within days of starting YMK. However, it doesn't happen so bright every sitting. Also, sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening.

X.J. and christie's posts are terrific !The possibilities are mind-blowing !

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In fact, by continuing yoni mudra kunbhaka repetitions, the gold ring becomes a golden lingum. (early morning only).
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

In fact, by continuing yoni mudra kunbhaka repetitions, the gold ring becomes a golden lingum. (early morning only).

Why do you say this is the next step Neptune? Is this your experience or did you read it somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
plus at night times as well.
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
I speak from my own daily experience. Have not read any written account of this, but it is a regular occurrence in my yogic practices, and thus reproducible consistently.
N
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I wanted to know if this was your own experience or you read it somewhere was because I saw the golden lingam long before I saw the ring of fire. Guess it's just the way purification progesses in each one of us.

Thanks Neptune.
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  1:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
I have been interested in archetypes and human consciousness as an outgrowth of kundalini activity over the years. The fact that a golden lingum is visualized I believe to be a universal archetype and may be responsible for the importance of the lingum as a representation of Shiva, and Shiva consciousness within yogic practices. I don't know about purification or not like you said. Am aware that the lessons of Yogani contains that contention. Purification and overload are concepts foreign to my personal practices, and thus speculation in my view just from personal perspective. I only speak experientially for myself, rather than following some party line or having read something somewhere.
n
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting stuff. I first started seeing the ring when I was at Transcendental Meditation rounding courses. Then I saw it even more at a Muktananda Sidha Yoga retreat. Now I see it most of the time when meditating. It mostly has a blue or purple center, surrounded by lights.

By experimenting I eliminated external light sources as its cause. Weird. It does look like a tunnel or maybe the eye of sauron from "Lord of the Rings". In some books the Atman or Jiva (forgot which) is said to be a atomically sized flame that could appear like this.

Even if its just a pure physiological manifestation of practice it helps that others experience this too.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  04:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste friends,

When I did YMk for the first time I did notice the golden ring and it was present during my meditation.

But due to overload I self spaced and didn't add YMK for long time and I started it again.

I noticed the following:

This time I didnt notice any golden ring it was just I can say as dark with one dot the color of the dot was dirty white.

When I close and open my eyes at night I saw this bulb or light on my head.

When I closed my eyes..my physical eye pulled itself and for a fraction of second I felt my both eyes met together and became one.It was like it just intervined and became one and I could feel the joined eye could be felt as if like when one open and close your eyes when you are too tired you can feel the eyelid touching the eye. same thing I felt like there is third eye and these both physical eye touched it and felt the pull of both eyes together and felt another eye which has its own movement and consciousness.But it was just fraction of second and I never had that experience again.

Since I started practicing YMK now today when I was doing it just sitting on chair I saw a flame inbetween the eyebrow the flame wasnt bright or anything like that its just like the one which we see in the typical painting of lord shiva with third eye but this was not like an eye it was like small flame like S kind.

Anyone had similar experience?

Love N Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000