Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Best book for all spiritual practice in my opinion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  6:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, is a must read. It needs to be read atleast four times through, because, as you can see, it is full of information.

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I notice no posts on this thread, possibly because the title of his book makes Bruce look like a crackpot; but possibly he is using a vocabulary somewhat idiosyncratic and foreign to the lingo prevailing at this forum.

You indicated practices. Can you give us a gist of what these are? Do they include or resemble pranayama or deep meditation, as these terms are used here?

Eager for your viewpoint.

newpov

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  09:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't read Astral Dynamics, but I'm currently reading Body Work. Some very good info and exercises about working with Chi. I've done some of them and have felt pretty intense Chi. Also,his website is very interesting as well.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  9:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry that should have been Energy Work not Body Work.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I watched a couple of Google videos of Mr. Bruce's and he seems to be dealing with the same thing as is dealt with at this website...
www.truebluehealer.com. Anyone here have experience with both and is able to compare the two?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  6:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion Best Books for Spiritual Practice are
The Perenial Psycology of the Bagavahd Gita
Path of Fire and Light Volume 1
Advanced Yoga Practices
The Second Coming of Christ
A Guide to Kriya Yoga Practices
Hath Yoga Pradapika
Kundalini Tantra

These should get you through a year of practice and study.

Of course I could have named a few more, but I think these are essential for spiritual practice

OM Guru

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Sumate

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  5:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sumate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should have also included the classic

Autobiography of a Yogi

Sumate
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  5:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i actually read that book when 4 or 5 years back, it's a great book i especially liked the cultivation of energy in it.

the exercise where you work on pullin the energy from the feet to the root chakra and then upwards the root 7 times and the others three times.

i must've done that exercise like 20 or 30 times and everytime my heart chakra would go wild but never did i have them astral projection until during sleep.

and i second that Sumate, but i haven't read all of these books (some of them are coming my way with a friend from Canada next month i think path of fire and light would be a great read)

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  6:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reading this book now. I had an OBE back in college. It was very intense where I flew into the space between universes. Flying through space is awesome! But kind of scary. But AWESOME!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000