Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 humility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  7:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
ONe thing I could benefit from is being more humble, anyone want to smack my ego around a bit? thanks

I am love, I am joy, I am peace, I breath free, I am thakful to the teachers, I am of the one, the same one as you
I am neil

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  04:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,
Go into a deprived area, or work with deprived children.Visit a deprived country if possible.Just my suggestions but you will find it humbling.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  10:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi Neil,
Go into a deprived area, or work with deprived children.Visit a deprived country if possible.Just my suggestions but you will find it humbling.
L&L
Dave

well my ego had a response/rebuttel to what you said, then my heart stepped in and said you were right
thanks brother
I am love, I am joy, I am peace, I breathe free and I am thankful for the teachers, I am of the one, the same one as you
I am neil
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  1:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Humility can come from the realization that we don't really know much about anything. Come to know That which experiences.
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
neil !!

Do these ideas ring true?

Burning with perpetual hunger for the i am, as John does in the Wilder novel, may remove any need for conscious attention to humility.

Self-surrender to whatever practice brings may also do away with the humility issue.

newpov
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by newpov

neil !!

Do these ideas ring true?

Burning with perpetual hunger for the i am, as John does in the Wilder novel, may remove any need for conscious attention to humility.

Self-surrender to whatever practice brings may also do away with the humility issue.

newpov

desire, hunger, self surrender to be at one with the one, does that help humility? I would have to believe it does. surrender is pretty much the opposite of arrogance, yes?

I am love, I am joy, I am pece, I breathe free, I am of the one, the same one as you
I am yur brother neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000