Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 background music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
if you are not doing a mantra, say you are doing work, and if you have a mantra on as background music, can this cause too much purification?
thanks
I am peace, I am love, i am joy
I am Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Sep 16 2008 10:14:03 AM

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  11:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,
Yes it can cause too much purification.Obviously it depends on what level of purification you experience before you deem it to be overload.It depends on how much crap you are prepared to put up with on your path in your daily life.In my experience as you make progress the cleansing becomes less frequent. When I first listened to the Divine Sound I immediately felt nauseous as soon as it started. After probably over 2,000 times later I simply enter samadhi almost every time I listen during meditation.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  6:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do you mind explaining the divine sound? I know it cant match the experience though
I am love, I am peace, I am joy, and so are you
I am neil
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  1:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,
The Divine Sound is a recording of my sadguru singing Sanskrit mantras.As he is enlightened he also has siddhi of mantras so his energies are projected into the mantras bringing greater results.The recording is about 56 mins long and leads to deep meditation and for me usually deep samadhi almost instantly.His ability to sing these mantras is amazing.Try singing the Omkar for 45+ seconds in one breath.There is ongoing scientfic research on the Divine Sound at http://partnerpage.google.com/divin...ditation.com
Here you can hear a short demonstration of the Divine Sound as well as read the results.Self pacing may be necessary as it is very powerful and can bring severe purification.As I have probably listened to it more than anyone else in the world(approx. 2,000 times)it does not present problems for me now but still takes me to higher levels.The Divine Sound also leads to a safe awakening of the Kundalini shakti.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000