Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Shivabalayogi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  12:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.

There is a program passing through Tucson I am thinking about attending, a meditation and bhajan with a student of the late Shivabalayogi. The student goes by the name of Swami Ken. Does anyone have any experience with this lineage? If so, is there a shaktipat involved? Thanks.

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  12:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Hi all.

There is a program passing through Tucson I am thinking about attending, a meditation and bhajan with a student of the late Shivabalayogi. The student goes by the name of Swami Ken. Does anyone have any experience with this lineage? If so, is there a shaktipat involved? Thanks.

Hi Balance,

Shivabalayogi made a series of personal appearances in The United States in the early 1990s - I think it was in 1991 that he held an evening meditation/bhajan program at a chapel near Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts - I attended that program, and it was a very moving and uplifting experience.

I had already received shaktipat from Shri Anandi Ma in 1990 (she was then named Asha Ma) and I had already entered the spiritual path of Kundalini Maha Yoga, so when I went to Shivabalayogi's evening program, I was not seeking a guru or a new spiritual path - I simply felt inspired to receive Shivabalayogi's darshan.

That evening, if I remember correctly, I think Shivabalayogi's assistant walked through the crowd, placing vibhuti (blessed ash) on the third eyes of all who wished to receive the blessing of Shivabalayogi's initiation into dhyana (meditation). Meditation followed, and after meditation, everyone was invited to stay and join Shivabalayogi in singing bhajans. I joined a group of folks who went up to sit closer to Shivabalayogi as we played instruments, clapped our hands, and sang bhajans together.

At one point in the evening, I remember seeing Shivabalayogi make eye contact with me, look into my eyes for a couple of moments, and then smile a big, beautiful smile as he moved his head back slightly and turned his head to refocus his gaze elsewhere.

I do not know what will be offered by the people you are planning to see. I hope my little recollection is helpful to you.

Namaste,
Suryakant

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  03:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Thank you for the detailed response. I'm not sure yet if I will attend, there is no great need here, but I may go to one of the programs. There was some interest in the possibility of shaktipat, but no need there either as I have received that from Sri Karunamayi. Sweet Blessings, Balantz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000