New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  6:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hello yogani and thk you.

and since it's out in the open that i am the arabic translator, i would just like to attest to the credibility of this part in the intro on this post:

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

"I did a translation of the AYP site into Bulgarian, my native language. While doing this I have had experiences very similar to the shaktipat..."
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=350#336

plus i think that the fast success i'm having with the practices has a lot to do with the translation i've done till now.

and it's an honor to be part of smthg this great and it's a good way to help others plus leave a good trace behind (karma yoga).

namaste my brothers and sisters,

Ananda

Bravo!

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  09:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

could anyone provide me contact info to the Czech translation group please? I believe I could help there. I've been to the http://ayp.cz/ site, but there doesn't seem to be any contact section.

mettá,

Roman
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  11:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

Hi all,

could anyone provide me contact info to the Czech translation group please? I believe I could help there. I've been to the http://ayp.cz/ site, but there doesn't seem to be any contact section.

mettá,

Roman

Hi Roman:

Here is a contact: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/pop_pr...play&id=1611

Many thanks for your interest in helping out!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  12:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, Tadeas of course

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  06:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
may i suggest this free tool as well for help in the translation work:
http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free...lation.shtml
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  12:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

may i suggest this free tool as well for help in the translation work:
http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free...lation.shtml

Hi Ananda:

Thank you for the additional translation tool. If this offers a better translation for any languages than the Google tool we are currently using at the bottom of every AYP web page, do let me know. If so, we will see about trying it out. It does not seem to be a clean install, and there are commercial hooks in it, so it would have to offer significant advantages over the free Google translator tool to be considered.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i didn't compare between the two sorry about that, and speaking for myself i don't use the google gadgets i found it to be not such a good tool in the arabic translation.

i just posted this free program as a replacement for babylon whom i think to be as the best tool among translators.

this translator does a good work on french to english and english to french plus arabic to english and english to arabic as far concerning the languages i know of.

and sorry about the commercial hooks i didn't give too much thought for that when i posted the subject.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  10:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

i didn't compare between the two sorry about that, and speaking for myself i don't use the google gadgets i found it to be not such a good tool in the arabic translation.

i just posted this free program as a replacement for babylon whom i think to be as the best tool among translators.

this translator does a good work on french to english and english to french plus arabic to english and english to arabic as far concerning the languages i know of.

and sorry about the commercial hooks i didn't give too much thought for that when i posted the subject.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Hi Ananda:

If there is a way to put a Babylon automated translation tool on the AYP website without breaking the bank, I would be interested.

If they do not have such a tool now, perhaps in the future. Do keep us posted.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  10:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I need some help about translation websites please. I have been the portuguese translator of AYP at ayppt.wordpress.com. Wordpress (as a blog site) seemed like a good choice for me as it is free and it has the possibility of adding several pages (that I use for Introduction, the Lessons, and some News and Notices).

But I saw some of the other sites (like the czeck and dutch) and I like their format better. My main complaints in my case is that the font size is very small (can't make it bigger) and there is not a lot of freedom on the format although the main complain here is the font size indeed.

I wonder if any of you have any ideas of a different internet space that is free (or at least quite cheap) where I could store the translation and where I am more free to choose font type, etc.? Or do you think I am making a big fuss about it and it is not so bad after all? Just wanted to make it look preeeeeety...

Thanks!
YIL
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  11:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Sorry to write again. Please ignore my post above, I think it is better now as I changed the theme of the site, choosing from a new selection at Wordpress.

Now the only "drawback" is that in the lessons people have to scroll way down to continue with their reading in different occasions. I could put the lessons as a blog but the last ones translated would be the first and I would prefer the other way around...I'll have a think about it.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  1:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I have just made an AYP Hebrew site with a few lessons I translated..

it is at http://sites.google.com/site/ayphebrewsite/

any comments or suggestions welcome..
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YIL,

I made my Hebrew site at Google Sites, it's free, and easy to use..

If you want to take a look at it go to the main google page, click "more" on the top-left, and "sites"..

Edited by - Yonatan on May 09 2009 2:22:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  2:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Yonatan.

The Hebrew translation site link has been added to the listing in the first post of this topic, which is linked from the left border of every page of the AYP website and forums.

Also, Miguel has started a new Spanish translation site, continuing to translate beyond lessons #41, which is as far as the prior translation went as of 2006. The new Spanish site link has also been added to the list in the first post of this topic. The link is: http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/aypcastellano

Both the Hebrew and Spanish translation links will also soon be added to the listing of translations in the Links Section of the AYP website.

Much appreciation to you both, and happy translating. Many will benefit, not least of all the translators.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  4:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Yogani and Ananda. I think so the benefits are...wonderfull. Since i decided to start doing this work,i have been feeling more connection with ayp and very special feelings very deep inside me, specially when i was translating the first lessons,when the energy was running inside very clearly !
Im very happy about this yahoo group.
Love

Edited by - miguel on May 10 2009 06:18:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Haksun

Republic of Korea
2 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Haksun's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I find the AYP site very informative and, if allowed to do so, would like to translate the lessons on the AYP site into Korean, which would then be published on an internet forum (to be created for AYP) open to the public free of charge. Would this be fine?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you. haksun
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  07:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Haksun! I hope Yogani will approve your work.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  1:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Haksun

Hello,

I find the AYP site very informative and, if allowed to do so, would like to translate the lessons on the AYP site into Korean, which would then be published on an internet forum (to be created for AYP) open to the public free of charge. Would this be fine?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you. haksun

Welcome Haksun!

A translation of the AYP online lessons to Korean for free viewing would be wonderful. Thanks so much for volunteering.

The choice of type of online forum or website is up to you. You can get some ideas by checking the translations listed in the first post of this topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=440

The only requirement on this end is to provide a link back to the main AYP website (http://www.aypsite.org), so readers will know where all this is coming from, and can find us.

Translations of the AYP books are possible also, but those cannot be posted for free on the internet, since the books are the primary source of financial support for AYP. Anyone interested in doing AYP book translations can contact me via email.

Let me know when you have a Korean site up and running with the first lessons translated, and we can add the link on the AYP website listings.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: A few days ago, a "Languages" link was added to the top menu on the main website, so it will be easier for new visitors to find the international translations (the link in the left border is still there too). This suggestion came from Miguel, and it is a great idea. Thanks Miguel!

Go to Top of Page

Haksun

Republic of Korea
2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  02:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Haksun's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for welcoming me, Etherfish!

Thanks for approving, Yogani. I will proceed as advised and will let you know when I have a Korean site up and running. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  10:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
PS: A few days ago, a "Languages" link was added to the top menu on the main website, so it will be easier for new visitors to find the international translations (the link in the left border is still there too). This suggestion came from Miguel, and it is a great idea. Thanks Miguel!

Thanks to you yogani for your open mind.I think now is easier to find international translations for people from other countries who enter here and only take a fast look (because they dont speak english,for example...).Many will benefit,im sure

Edited by - miguel on May 15 2009 10:10:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  11:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Miguel has the Spanish translation website up and running. That is in addition to the Yahoo group that was recently added. Both are included in the AYP translation listings.

Thanks Miguel!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much yogani.

Edited by - miguel on May 27 2009 3:36:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive, Miguel.

As is that page of links, Yogani ( never seen so many yoga links,interesting ones too, on one page)

Much Respect,

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  02:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha,
Yes,the obejtive is reaching the maximum number of spanish people,at least at this first stage,thats why i put the links very very visibles at the home page..

all the best...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  11:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

Impressive, Miguel.

As is that page of links, Yogani ( never seen so many yoga links,interesting ones too, on one page)

Much Respect,

Hi Akasha:

Beyond the international translation links, which are kept up to date, the links page is in need of updating, with many new links to be added, and some dead ones to be removed. The same goes for the extended booklist and testimonials. So much has happened in the past few years, with the experiences of many practitioners advancing by leaps and bounds. The website sections mentioned will be brought up to date with the community of practitioners eventually. In the meantime, posting of new lessons will continue to be the first priority here.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  12:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,i didnt know about the extended booklist section.
My sincere and humble congratulations yogani,you are creating and incredible huge source of knowledge with ayp.And in the best place for reaching maximum spiritual searchers:the world wide web.
Im really overwhelmed.

Edited by - miguel on May 28 2009 12:41:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000