Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 re: where I am and questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  09:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been doing the AYP practices for a few months now. My overload symptoms were better but cut back again after feeling a little heated and stomach distress. Been following a pitta pacifying diet for six months now. Hadn't been walking regularly though because we had a rainy week but last couple of days have been walking 3-4 miles. Walking seems to be very important to my grounding. I have been having mega dreams lately and feeling a lot of grief. Almost as if I need to take time to feel the sadness or it builds up. Then feel better after having a good cry. Weird but I feel as though this process is about claiming some lost innocence or vulnerability that I somehow constructed walls around that are coming down. Does this make any sense to anybody? I am down to two minutes of spinal pranayama/10 deep meditation and a little light yoga before. I cut back on both the pranayama and meditation. Is this better than cutting out the pranayama (in others experience)? I appreciate any thoughts/experience, strength, hope you can offer.
Thanks,
Jan

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  10:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jan,

It makes a lot of sense to me...it's working!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  12:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Jan

You are taking the right approach, as Scott says if it works you are doing it right
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Richard and Scott,
Feeling less heat but still a little more energy than is comfortable, like revved up. From your experience with self-pacing, is it better to cut back on both pranayama and meditation time or cut out pranayama all-together? I am getting the importance of this self-pacing thing finally.
Thanks,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogajan,
In my experience, I found that the symptoms I had that were similair to yours were abated by lowering both pranayama and meditation times, but not with cutting out pranayama. I always felt like it wasn't complete without at least a little bit of pranayama. Just my 2cents.
In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000