Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Asthma - pranayama?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  06:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks!

Do you know if people with asthma can do pranayama and which kind? Is our spinal breathing OK for them?

Lili

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  11:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi folks!

Do you know if people with asthma can do pranayama and which kind? Is our spinal breathing OK for them?

Lili

Hi Lili:

Light spinal breathing (5 min or less per session) with self-pacing should not be harmful. It can help a respiratory condition.

There is also research indicating that deep meditation can reduce asthma symptoms related to stress.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  5:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lilli,
You might want to research Swami Ramdev pranayama techniques.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I met a kinesiologist a few years ago who had been working for 30 years with clients. He told me asthma is sorrow and was pretty sure about that. He had never met a client with a different pattern. We worked on my issues for one hour, and my asthma was then GONE for more than a year... until next issue of sorrow bubbled up, and I locked it in instead of letting it flow through the body with awareness.

I have not found AYP spinal breathing to be enough to release the asthma symptoms. That brings progress in the long run of course, but for faster results I guess more intense pranayama with intention on asthma would be necessary to release the blockages of sorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  03:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the quick responses!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000