Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Rosicrucians...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the Rosicrucians...?

My understanding is that they are the "creme and elite" of all the secret/esoteric Western systems...

And if this is so I wanted to know why and why its percieved as been secretive...

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  11:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear one mahabaratara,

The Rosicrucians are neither the creme nor the elite. They are a mystical group trying to progress on the path as perhaps you are yourself. And, to be a Rosicrucian or Martinist one must pay dues yearly. They hold open meetings where you can go and ask any questions you wish. Find a chapter or lodge near you if you are curious.

Whatever you seek may be found within you. May I suggest that you start with Chapter one of the AYP readings and begin there. More importantly, if you will follow the practices for AYP meditation I believe you will set upon the path and may progress more quickly than if following the Rosicrucian methods.

In light, life and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  03:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply Kathy...

No I wont be joining any group and I am more than happy with AYP elsewhere I have stated that I have just started the lessons and I have already noticed a shift...

I just wanted to know more about these Rosicrucian practices from those that utilised any systems that they might have to offer and if there was any overlap...

Anyway again thanks...

Edited by - mahabaratara on Aug 13 2008 03:24:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  6:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm interested in it as well...I wonder what they practice?
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  8:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A Rosicrucian Speaks by Joseph J. Weed
A Series of Lectures delivered between 1941 and 1964 on the Occult:

http://www.arosicrucianspeaks.com/cover.html

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  8:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool thanks...I will spend some time reading that! Really helpful!
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  11:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No offense meant to you Joe, or Joseph Weed. These writings are not representative of AMORC. Yes, Maha, there is overlap in practices. However, the AYP meditation is superior, in my opinion.

The Rosicrucians, are a ritualistic fraternal order where one studies and rises through degrees of mystic knowledge. And you'll be charged about $400 US dollars per year for the fraternal membership.

If you are really curious, go to http://www.rosicrucian.org/home.html and download the mastery of life pdf.

light, life and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  6:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, Maha, there is overlap in practices. However, the AYP meditation is superior, in my opinion.

I was under this impression from others...

Dosent matter though I will just keep practiscing away with AYP...

I rather enjoyed Lesson 18...!

Go to Top of Page

rwsluder

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  2:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit rwsluder's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would have to agree with Kathy that AYP "may" bring faster progress than the practices of the Rosicrucian Order (AMORC). The Rosicrucian teachings are presented over a period of several years at a pace that has been deemed appropriate for someone new to spiritual development. Being self-paced, AYP should let those who may be more spiritually evolved due to work in previous lifetimes to progress more quickly.

Peace Profound,
Roger
Go to Top of Page

eudaimonic

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  4:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit eudaimonic's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whilst I agree with what has been stated here regarding the Rosicrucians, its important to realise that they are not just one group, but that the Rosicrucian tradition is a current at the heart of the Western esoteric tradition. Consequently there are many manifestations of this current at the present time. Some of which charge an amount for membership and require you to work through the materials at a set pace. Others work much faster or don't charge at all - at the end of the day however, as Kathy points out, whatever we seek is found in us. The Rosicrucian tradition is another way of doing that. I myself am an initiate in that tradition and find it works very well with yoga, although I am not talking about AYP yoga specifically.

Best wishes
Eudaimonic.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  12:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautifully said, and what you say is true, Eudaimonic. Thank you and welcome to the forum.

Light, Life and Love,
Operositas
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

For anyone who is interested, there is very good information both on what Rosicrucianism is what what its true origins are in the book, Sexual Energy and Yoga by E. Haich.

I don't know what it is now, but originally it was yoga that was brought back to Europe as a result of the crusades. They hid their spiritual knowledge in symbols so that they could avoid persecution and destruction of there system by the ignorant.

They were very clever about this.

Some great European historical figures were secretly Rosicrucians.

These days, you can have a very simple and easy to apply, straight forward system like AYP. No need to hide anything.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000