Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
so we are doing our practices of meditation asanas and such but we would like to add some music throughout the day that can assist in raising our inner silence. I figued somne on here has to know a little about music so on our drive to work instead of hearing all the cars and such we can play music to block it out, what would be charging for the chakras to start the day, what about at night when we just cant seem to fall asleep, or something while we are doing work. I was listening to a crystal bowl meditation cd last night, which I really enjoyed but it left me wide awake, at 12 pm, so I figured I might do myself some good to gain some knowledge
thanks
Neil

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  4:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,
This has been covered on another thread but for myself I listen to the Divine Sound recorded by my sadguru.Some may need to self pace with it as it is very powerful.There is ongoing scientific research in India which keeps finding new information on a regular basis.
http://www.divineomdasjisoundmedita...publications is the link for reasearch information.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  5:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few discusssions on mucic at the forum:
What are your favorite meditation CDs?
Sacred resonance beyond enlightenment!
Per Request - Kirtanman's Top 10 Kirtan Artists
good CD album
Turiya Nada
Gayatri mantra

Personally, I love listening to the Gayatri mantra, Maha Mritunjay mantra, various kirtans and bhajans and have enjoyed Nandhi's Turiya Nada.. tho initially you may need to self pace on the mantra and Turiya Nada. But many of the kirtans in the list Kirtanman provided are very inspiring. And I love the CD Sacred Chants Of Shiva
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  6:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
anyone familiar with the musical notes for each chakra?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  8:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin - Ichi On Bittsu: Zen Meditation Music for Solo Shakuhachi
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  8:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your suggestions I am looking into them. :)
what if you play the CD's while sleeping, will it still have an effect?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  03:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I cannot speak for all but the Divine Sound definitely gives effects while sleeping and Nandhi's Turiya Nada will also from the little sample I have listened to.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000