Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Pangs & sadness after non-ejaculatory masturbation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

panoramix

Spain
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit panoramix's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear folks,

I'm a 33 years old bramachari single yogi who has been occasionally training in the cultivation of the pre-orgasmic moment via masturbation, and have ended up with some slight pangs behind the pubic bone (maybe prostate gland?) which subsided after some few hours.

That scares me because i fear to develop prostate cancer, and i have given up the training.

I also usually feel a kind of "sadness", the same i felt years ago sometimes after ejaculating, a sadness that i don't know why i relate it to my mother or to motherhood (???????).

Please tell me if it is habitual to feel pangs or aches and if is there any threat for one's health.

Thank you very much.

OM SHANTI

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  09:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome :)

from my experience this is caused by overdoing it a bit. While doing it, see if you're holding your muscles too tight, holding mulabandha too strongly. I don't know about long-term problems stemming from this, but it's certainly not optimal to go against the signals your body is giving you. It's important to relax. Holding back is not about being tense, or holding anything really. It's more of a complete release, relaxation... giving into the moment, being present to what's hapenning which also means not trying to get to a peak, but instead stay infront of it. Completely relaxed, ideally. Any tension is an indication of trying to achieve something. And trying to block or prevent this with another kind of tension leads to the pangs. Just my experience.

It's not all or nothing - one of the things you can learn over here :) It's not necessary to give up on preorgasmic cultivation, but find a way that works well for you.
Enjoy and listen to the guru in you :)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  11:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I also usually feel a kind of "sadness", the same i felt years ago sometimes after ejaculating, a sadness that i don't know why i relate it to my mother or to motherhood (???????).

Hi panoramix and welcome to the forum!

This just popped up when I read your post. You know, it's very common for mothers to direct a lot of their love towards their sons, particularly if they haven't got a partner or are unhappy with their man. Then the son steps in to be "the man in her life". Often a lot of emotions, needs and desires of comfort comes with that, which the son gets entangled in. Such entanglements shows up in the son later in his relation to sexuality and relation to the other sex. They are to be cleaned out from our system and often bubbles up when starting to work consciously with the sexuality through practices! Just let whatever emotion that comes go through your body, even though you don't understand what it's all about. It's just old patterns releasing!

All the best, emc
Go to Top of Page

panoramix

Spain
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit panoramix's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for answering you both.

tadeas,
During the practice i performed no bandha or mudra, i just tried to stay in front of orgasm. I felt like my prostate was full and swollen...

emc,
You hit the bull's eye, it might be just subconscious stuff popping out from swadisthana chakra... thanks for the info!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000