Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The best book to start with?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

salaam123

Finland
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  3:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit salaam123's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a 23 year old male.

I don´t care about enlightements or any of that spiritual/immortality stuff that comes with yoga or chi kung(I have my own beliefs). I just want a fully functional chi and jing in my body and ability to gather it at will. what could be the best book to start with? Either yoga or chi kung or something else.

Thanks!

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  3:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by salaam123

I am a 23 year old male.

I don´t care about enlightements or any of that spiritual/immortality stuff that comes with yoga or chi kung(I have my own beliefs). I just want a fully functional chi and jing in my body and ability to gather it at will. what could be the best book to start with? Either yoga or chi kung or something else.

Thanks!

Hi salaam123
You should probably check out www.thetaobums.com They are more into the TAO, chi, jing, cultivating etc..

TI
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  10:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Salaam;

Welcome to the forum.
You bring up a great point. How to gain real and total control of the chi in my body without worrying about all that enlightenment stuff? Where to start? So many choices, no?
All I can tell you is learning to still the mind is a great starting point. I'd suggest reading Deep Meditation Pathway to Personal Freedom. The other place to get started is by reading the free main online lessons, on the home page at AYP.

Also, this forum is a great place to ask questions with regard to developing our ability to do all kinds of things at will. Including controling energy. Good luck in your travels.

All the best;
Guy

Edited by - Guy_51 on Jul 11 2008 10:40:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  01:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
www.alchemicaltaoism.com is good to browse through for qigong.

In my opinion all you need is the following...

Embryonic breathing
Tongue touching the upper palate right behind the front teeth, and smiling
A good standing posture

So that website has all the info you need to get a basic practice down, and then some.

In my personal opinion, horse riding stance is powerful and would be a great start. So you just stand with your feet wide apart, so that your feet and head form a triangle...then bend your knees slightly but not to the point of exertion. Relaxing into it is the key, because it's about opening your leg channels, not closing them off with muscular force. So relax, relax, relax....then relax. And then keep your spine straight, your head above your perineum. Slightly tuck in your chin and belly breathe, with your tongue up. There's a great practice that will unfold quickly for you, if you choose to do it. You can just do 10 minutes a day and very quickly notice an effect after a week or two.

When I did it, the effect would come after practice. I would get done, walk around a little bit and after a couple minutes notice a huge flow. It became quite powerful for me, because I was doing it alongside kunlun (a neigung practice). My third eye was going wild!

To keep your jing, so that it transmutes into qi, cut back on sex but don't count it out. Tantric sex, like holding back from orgasm, works a little bit. There's a difference between that and celibacy though. I think both are good. Be celibate for a while, then do some tantric sex...switch it up. Just don't orgasm a bunch of times at once and deplete yourself. That's really the only rule.

As for the best book to start on...I haven't ever found a book good enough. That website I gave you is probably the best source of info anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

salaam123

Finland
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  02:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit salaam123's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody. I have been training standing meditation for a couple of years(years ago). My interest would be mainly to learn postures and visualizations to help get kundalini and chi flow around the body.
Go to Top of Page

salaam123

Finland
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  03:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit salaam123's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks scott. I am living in selibacy right now. Thanks for the details for standing meditation.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  12:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000